Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Pain Management
Hi all, in september I got injured on the job and was sent occupational health doctor and he found a c-5 problem. Was sent to a orthopedic group and had 3 injections in the neck and they didn't help at all they just gave me real bad headaches, the pain management doctor that gave me the injections said that when he did the third injection he had a hard time getting the needle in because the bone spurs are real bad, he now says I need surgery and I have to go see the surgeon in the group monday. Since this is workmans comp I know I don't have to pay but If I am financialy unstable with a wife and 2 children and don't have any savings and could loose everything if I'm out of work(I'm working on light duty) do I have to get the surgery? and if I can refuse do they close the workmans comp case? The pain management doctor has been giving me norco 4 times a day and it has been helping me alot to cope with the pain. Do you think I can continue with pain management for a few months so I can secure my financial situation? Thank You

• Hi Nitro!
    I don't have any advice or experience with workers comp, so sorry.
    I just wanted to say Hey, and let you know your not alone. I have cervical issues also and the injections didn't help me either, and the last one also made me sick. It was horrible>
    I am so sorry your feeling badly and in pain.
    But you have found a good place to be here. There are many many people here who are very knowledgable and give lots of support!
    As far as your surgery goes, have you gotten a second and third opinion? If it were me, trying to decide on surgery, I would get a couple opinions. Do not worry about offending your current doc. Doctors do want you to get other opinions and understand all of your options. Then you can weigh the facts, risks and any financial responsibilities with each choice. Unless it is a medical emergency, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking some time to look into all of your options, including non-surgical ones.
    I wish you the best and will hope for some pain free days ahead for you!
  • I have had the surgery and I still live with pain from the bone spurs which developed after the surgery. The pain never goes away forever. I would suggest living with the pain unless the doctor thinks the surgery is necessary to prevent further damage or possible paralysis. They have offered to give me things that may numb the pain also, but I can't bring myself to do that. I usually only feel the pain after I do something to trigger it. That's my sign that I need to accept the fact I just shouldn't do those things anymore.