Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just found out im pregnant

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Good News
:) :))( :) Well Ihave a permanent grin on my face.I have just found out im pregnant............wippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol I can believe it, I think both Eamon and I are in shock....but its a good kind of shock, if you know what i mean, i have looked afer my sisters 2 little boys, my brothers little boy...and always wondered how come they get babies and i dont lol................well now i ve got one....ands its the best feling in the world :D :) You know i dont even believe im typing this lolbut I am loland sooooooooooooooooooooo happy about it.......

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Marie

I know I said this last night in chat, but I am so pleased for you both, and to think I was the first here on SH you told.

I wish you as easy pregnancy as possible, you've got lots of us just waiting to pass on our old wives tales (joking) we are here for you.

Take care

Liz xx hugs

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hiya marie >:D< , long time no chat! >:D< >:D< but hey congratulations :D :) :) to you both >:D< do you know your due date :? hey im going to be a nanna the baby is due april :D O:)

Angie xx >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • CONGRATULATIONS Mama to be!!!!!! :X how wonderful and blessed and exciting all at the same time!!! wishing you nothing but the best of health and happiness. :D i know you will keep us informed of this new bundle of joy you are bringing to all of us here at SH!!! =D> Jenny :)
  • Again, I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you!! The next 9 months with you in chat will be fun! May God bless you and Eamon and the wee one to be.

Best to you,

Marianne ;)
  • <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P

Congratulations!!!! It so nice of you to share your wonderful news with us spineys. You have SO much to look forward to -- isn't it amazing how wonderful life can be -- you just never know what each day will bring -- that's why as long as you are drawing a breath you should never give up on life.

Your "to do" list will definitely get big over the next nine months.

:D :D :D :D
    Again, best wishes for a happy, healthy baby.

• well well well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this couldnt have happened to a more deserving couple!!

so so so so happy for you and you know it!!

LOVE P
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Congratulations on the wonderful news! I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy. Enjoy it..it's a very special time for you both. Children are a blessing. Take care of yourself.

• :* .....Aww thankyou all so much, Im so touched i feel like :''( I didnt expect so many replies and sooooooooooooooo quickly too, I look forward to you all sharing your little tales...old wifes tales i think they are called.lol.Me and Eamon are still in shock...........its unbelieveable, truely a little miracle :) I just never thought it could happen or would happen to us.....I feel truely blesssed......and yes paula the candles worked.lol, I told Liz first cause she is my best friend on here, always there when i need her.........I will have you all going crazy with my goo goo chat ........in chat......Thanks guys .....i really appreciate all your kind words and thoughts..... :X :* :) O:) >:D<
  • I am pretty new here and don't think we have met. However I still want to offer you my Congratulations! :)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • A big heartfelt congratulations to you!!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Congratulations Viva and Eamon...It's been a long time in coming. Hope and Pray you have a wonderful pregnancy. Very excited for you and know you are both excited...

• im soooo so hhaaappppyyy for ya
    seems like we were just chattin about that few wks ago..
    oh you will be great mom..
    im just so excited for ya both.
    now rest up cause ya gonna need it.
    when is do date??
    take care of yourself and avoid stress..
    so happy for ya

oh and happy for the movie star hubby josh also lol
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • That's wonderful news! I'm happy for you and Eamon. Happy days ahead for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • wish u and hubby all the luck with the new baby...and when he/she keeps u up at night remember there are some of us up with in chat...take care..and best wishes..
  • hope you have a great pregnancy, enjoy every stage, and keep us informed of food cravings etc etc
  • Hey Marie,

Congrats on your new little addition to the family!! :) Start now with getting as much sleep as you can over these coming months to prepare for those sleepless nights.

Keep us posted on how your pregnancy goes and how it affects your pain on the backside.

- Liz

PS - Ladies, does this mean our SH trip to Ireland will change and be when the baby is born to help welcome the baby and help Marie out the first days/weeks? hehe!
  • I am so happy for you. There is nothing in the world as precious as a baby! I was alot like you enjoying others grand children thinking that I would never have one of my own and low and behold my son had his first and only last year! I am still grinning from ear to ear.
  • well missie!!!

any news on going to the docs???

LOVE P
  • Marie, I'm so happy for you. I know you and Eamon have waited along time for this. I can't wish you enough happiness and joy with your upcoming bundle of pure joy. I do know one thing, there could not be a baby more loved, wanted, and cared for.
    I know in the next months we will be discussing the upcoming event often. I look so forward to it. Not sure how much help I'll be, but like you know I'm a good listener.
    Congradulations once again,
    Bobbi Jo
  • just posting incase i miss you in chat, get yourself to mothercare and they have a week by week book it is brilliant kiera has it.i also has it when i was pregnant but then again that was back in the day lol so much so when i bought it it was £4.99 now its £14.99 lol.

LOVE P
  • Hi Marie,

I just wanted to say congrats to you and your husband. I am very happy for the 2 of you. I hope you have a smooth pregnancy. :D =D>

• Wonderful news to you and Eamon. The first preganancy, especially after waiting so long, is so magical because everything is so new and exciting. Plus, because there are no other kids to "distract" you there is so much time to revel in all the wonder that is happening.

I just want to add a word of caution. I think around the second trimester, your body releases "stuff" (can't remember the right terminology, its been a few years!) that makes your joints much more loose and stretchy, in prep for childbirth. But those of us with spine problems just need to be careful not to overstretch, bend too much, etc. I'm sure I overdid a bit because I felt so good, so limber, etc, plus, I didn't know any better...lol.

Enjoy this special time and please keep us all posted on how you are doing.
  • Congradulations. Viva Las Vegas! :D Id do the cheers smiley but its not no here anymore.
  • i wish you a healthy and uneventful 9 months i hope that you health dose not get in the way .good luck and well done tony and kath xx
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND EAMON>>>>>>you will have a new addition this year...Hey my daughter is having a boy cant wait.........As for any cravings you get try plain chocolate digestive biscuits dipped in chicken soup, sounds awful....but tastes great when your pregnant xx

Angie xx
  • Happy new Year not heard from you for a while hope all is going well. All the best.
  • happy new year to you all and thankyou for all your lovely heart warming comments......nayshiftin.I havent been around latley not been too well but thanks for asking about me xx and backpainishhell......chicken soup and digestive biscuits.....yuck lol..............hope you are ok and not in too much pain.and you too nayshifting.....again all the very best for 2010 xxx :X :X