Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Unusual problem

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I was daignosed wtih cervical stenosis w/ mylopethy about 18 months ago. I ahd two disks clse to the spine and had surgery for them in april 2008. Mu ibitil symptoms were numbness in my fingers and a few toes. The surgeon told the numbness may not go away and indeeed for the most part ti did not. About the same time I also lost the ability to ejaculate. I went to a urologist and he told me it may be related.
Has anyone ever heard of this? It seems unusual but everything else has been ruled out. It is not mental. I have never had any sexual issues. Very normal sex life.
Thanks in advance for any imput.

• First - I have not had surgery - Do I have the issues you describe? YES.

Pain from my lumbar stops any interest in sex - in seconds. I can go from being very much involved in an encounter with my sweetie - to not having equipment that will work in milliseconds. I have found that sex is now something that I need to plan.

As well - it requires people to be very supportive of each other- regardless of what happens. Keep the communication up and running.

BTW - sex is in the head - and so - don't forget that toys are certainly a way to add to the pleasure, for your partner!

Take care! C45
  • Scott, I have read numerous articles on sexual dysfunction in cervical myelopathy and it's not in your head. It is a real problem that exists with stenosis/myelopathy.
    Sexual dysfunction can occur in women as well. My Physiatrist explained it well to me and assures it is real.
    Wish i could explain better