Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Alternative Leave Disposal

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lighten and Brighten
I dont think that there is anything more that I hate then falling leaves. When they first start to fall, they are pretty, but that gets ugly pretty quickly.
Leaves to me are all those things in life that are wrong, things that you may have made mistakes on, etc and its all getting back at you. Leaves dont stop, once they start to fall and you find someone to get rid of them, they come back onto your lawn. You could clear your entire lawn of every leaf there was, you turn you back and there they are leaves averywhere!
Thats why sometimes I say I would rather deal with snow, you shovel it, its gone, at least until the next snow storm.
Not sure with leaves....
I gave up raking or blowing leaves on my lawn several years ago. I just continue to use my tractor and then my Honda Mower/Muluching to mince up those leaves. Lots of them fall into one of my drivewalls, so today I did battle with them. I mulched them up and down using my lawnmower. Now, a few people looked at me kinda of strange, because I was using my lawn mower up and down my driveway.... but it works.
One neighbor just smiled as I was doing this.. He said, I thought you were crazy two winters ago, using your leaf blower to get rid of snow of your patio, but I found out it does work, so, maybe I should start to mow my driveway
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I like the leafblower on snow, but I'd have to go out and do that about every 15 minutes during a Maine snow storm lol!

• Confucious say, "wise man mulch leaves with lawnmower"....

I am lucky as my property is on a northwest facing slope, windy days just blow the leaves away! Poof! Gone!

What leaves do decide to stay I mow into mulch!
  • ...you WOULD have to bring up leaves and raking...OUCH!

I had told Ron that last week I raked my entire yard, put the leaves in trash bags (six of them) pulled each one out of the trash can, and closed them up. I did it to save our lawn as we were expecting a ton of snow the next day.

I should NEVER have done that - it was one of the most painful experiences of my life.

And now, my friend Ron just had to bring up leaves and raking...

• You have the mind of an engineer :D always looking for the better mousetrap! Cool beans!

Keep thinking!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I've been doing that for years. I've got this old Snapper (brand) that can suck up a dog turd! The neighbors laugh at me wile I'm laughing at them.
    We get the last best laugh, don't we???!!! =))
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I got sick and tired of raking. On an acre plus lot that is a lot of leaves. It is heavily wooded. I use a blower to coral the things then a mulcher to grind them up. The ground up stuff goes in bags and off to the land fill. Some I use to spread around areas I want to choke out weeds.