Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my story 5 days latter

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks well im home well and doing fine this is the story 7am arrived at hospital panacing like mad,had a 4hr wait which went so slow but at 11am was lying on the trolly with my paper pants and those vile gunds that tie from the back and show all your butt lol, needle went into back of my hand at 11.05am next thing i no its 6pm im not in much pain but nurses told me i was very resttles had a bad night of it not pain but coming down from anasthetic i was delerious, i was dehydrated and had to have 3 lts of fluid of a drip that helped but i felt so weak, i took a wee in one of those bed bottels and spilt the lot all over my self so they had to change all my bedding then a few hours latter i wet myself so they had to change me again lol, from there on in till next day i dont remember much just being woke every hour for obs blood preasure hart rate temp, i also had a drain in my back wich was uncomfortable but not a problem had a morphene pump wich i remember pressing lots of times, friday in bed all day and night sore but refused morphene as i dont like the feeling it gives you, so had paracetomol and codeine phosphate saturday arrived felt lots better the anasthetic was out of me now and i felt normal, physio ppl came down got me out of bed and walking told me best thing for this is to walk or stand then lye then sit so all day saturday i keept walking around the ward it hurt like hell in my legs i eat my meals although i felt sick i forced it down which helped boost my strenght sunday i felt great pain in legs had subsided a lot so only had paracetomal, and keept walking managed to get to the outside entrance of hospital which was about 100mtrs and back, any way today arrived (monday) the surgon came and seen me had a chat was happy with my progress and let me come home so iv been home 7hrs and even though im sore around my wound because the dressings they put on gave me sore blisters i feel great, but i think the english surgons encourage you to push through the pain no pain no gain as they say all i no its worked for me iv had no syattic pain or back slippage or preop pains so im over the moon just had a bath only shallow so not to get my wound wet but felt great im left with a ugly 7inch wound which should fade in time got to have the local doctor come around my house wensday to change my dressings on blisters and a follow up appointment on the 21 of december at the hospital to see how the fusion is taking and that it my story i hope this gives ppl some encouragement all the best tready

• I'm glad you're home and on the way to recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • and doing so well. It sounds as though you've got a tape allergy or something of that sort. I don't do well with tape near my neck or chest, but the rest of me does okay with it. Try not to sit too much - lie down or get up and walk around. Sitting is real pain.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.