Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hade a three level cervical fusion.

My pain is more than before they exploded.
I have painic attacks I NEVER had.
Low testosterone.

I feel as if a was dreaming of this person that use to exist.

PM has given me gabapantin ( nerotin ) does nothing!
Two dif muscle relaxers NOTHING.

I stoped taking the gabapentin & muscle relaxer.
The only thin that works so I can function is the damn roxycodone. I know what that does but I can work I can go for a ride> But the problem is its only temperary and I can not stand being looked at like a Junkie Even by the PM I have been useing for a year.

They pee test me every month or every visit @ $ 600.00 For a stick test not a gas chromatigraph.

And every 9 months nerve test to my neck and arms @ $ 900.00 a side.

whats that and no answers to my other problems since the surgey. HELP!!!

• I am sorry your suffering so much. What levels did you have done? How long ago was the fusion? How successfull was the fusion? Have you recived any second opinions?

Has any one suggested any other treatment besides pain meds?

Maybe with more information some people can suggest other options.

Hang in there.

• I know exactly how you feel. I too am in great pain 1 1/2 years after my 2 level cervical fusion. When did you have yours done? Do they have any answers as to why you are still in pain?
  • Chronic pain is common post op it seems with cervical fusions.

Have you seen a non surgical neurologist for another opinion? Had an EMG done? Tried treatment for fibromyalgia or myofascial pain syndrome?

Your brain may be sensing new pain in the old spots. If no new MRIs show newly developed problems, you may want to consider muscle issues.

Also maybe try Lyrica instead of Neurontin? Cymbalta may also help and muscle relaxants may as well.
  • Sorry I didnt give all the info .

Im 49 yr old male had a buldge @ c1 theropy helped in 1997 started getting pain back in 2001. well in 2008 aug c4, c5, c6 exploded could not even lay down.

I hade moved from hudson valley ny to wnc when it happened and my wife was in ny well i had to go back to my doctor ther. Oh that was fun tried to take a plane home I missed my transfer cause I could not lift my head to see the board. I would walk about 10 to 15 feet and feel as if a rope was tied to my collar bone pulling arround my chest towards the back as if I was having a heart attack. fussion seems to have gone well but as the pain gets bad at times I start to curl over at the base of the fusion and look at my feet. Iam my own worse enemy though couse if I heve to do a hard task I will kill the pain and do it till i can not move for days. I will then suffer to be who I was I have run a chainsaw for * hrs in a day by taking 8to 10 15mg roxy codones then run out and suffer I miss the old me!!!! Understand i feel as if this is my litle bitch session but what ever works.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to SH. I'm sorry I have no advice or suggestions but just wanted you to know that we're here to listen anytime you want to b!@#$, gripe, vent, whatever. It does seem to help sometimes. I know what you mean about missing the old you. I feel that way too as do most of us here. We're here for you.

• Hi there, I'm in a similar situation. Had surgery a little over 4 weeks ago and have had an increase in pain since the 2nd week. Surgeon keeps saying it's normal and early in the recovery process. I won't see him for another 2 weeks when I'll have an xray to see how the fusion is going.

The only thing that helps me is the narcotic pain meds and muscle relaxers and walking. An hour long walk really helps me although it's hard to push myself to do it because of the pain.

I really hope you are feeling some relief, let us know!