Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbie wanting a baby

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:38 AM in Lower Back Pain
Good evening, lovies.

I have been having the baby blues real bad lately. I have married my best friend, Steve last year after dating for 5 years. Many of you know how great he was to me during and after my lumbar fusion surgery last year. He is wonderful to me all of the time truth be told. We have both been married before, and both have one child from our previous marraiges. My daughter is 9 years old and is with us part time, she is happy and has a great dad that we share time with. His son is 8 years old and has not been living with us even part time for many years due to ongoing custody battles with his estranged wife. We both would love the opportunity to have and hold a child of our own. That being said, I have had many spinal complications over the last 10+ years, and I have also had cervical cancer removed in 2000. I am nervous about what pregnancy would do to my body, and if I would be able to have pain management that would not effect the babe. I know you can't make this decision for me. But, is there anyone out there willing to share thier post op pregnancy story good bad or indifferent?

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• Oh, I can certainly understand what you're going through. I mean, you and Steve love each other deeply, and took your relationship to the next level by marrying each other. It's only natural to want to have a baby with him. Who could not imagine a little person who is part you and part him?

My story will not help you in the least. I did not have back problems until way after my youngest was born.

My hubs and I are each on our second marriage. He has a son from his first marriage - he's 19 now and lives with us. My son is 17, and of course lives with us. We had both decided when we married (actually before) that they were enough for us. His son just turned 4 when we married, mine was 3. They were at an age where the 4 of us could go and do things and enjoy ourselves. I was willing to tie my tubes, but my hubs is frugal. He said a vasectomy would be cheaper. So, he was "researching" the procedure, and in the meantime our insurance would mail me 3 months worth of BC pills at a time.

God had other plans. I became pregnant with our son (he's 12 now) after about a year and a half into our marriage. I was so upset - I really did not want another child. But, really, I could not imagine our lives without him. He is that link that makes our "blended" family a whole family.

Talk with your PM doctor. Your past history of cancer (and subsequent removal/obliteration) would not have a negative impact on you being pregnant, would it?

Also, Vivavegas just found out she is preggers too. You may want to follow her thread: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/good-news/just-found-out-im-pregnant

Good luck with your decision. Babies are great, wonderful, smelly, noisy, precious balls of energy. And they always love you. Their hugs are the best - they're from the heart.

Now, you'll have "Two Loves" (instead of the "one love" you always sign off with!)

• Thank you for sharing your story and for encouraging me. I sincerely appreciate it!

One Love,

Stephanie
This discussion has been closed.