Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS is not going to happen for me!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Wow what a deal I have been through!

I have only posted to this forum a couple of times because I THOUGHT I was going to be a candidate for a SCS. Well, here is the story and please bear with me:

I had a laminectomy at T11-L1 in Jan. 2006 for a tumor. Since then the pain in THAT area has been real bad. I have had facet joint injections, epidural injections and RF lesions. Nothing has worked.

A few weeks ago I saw a new NS who sent me to their facility for new MRI's. I went back to the new NS for a follow up visit. On this visit the NS was not available so I got to see the physicians assistant. This guy indicated to me they saw the MRI's and the radiologists reports. At this time he asked me when I had a laminectomy at L4/5 for degenerative disk. I told him I had never had surgery in that location. This assistant even checked my back for a scar too. He indicated to me that the radiologist must have read the wrong report and that he would order a new report. In the meantime they were going to send me to pain management for a SCS. I assumed they were going to send the "new" radiologist's report so when I got there the pain management dr would have it.

Well, today I was seen by the pain management dr and he asked me when I had surgery at L4/5. I explained to him that was the wrong report and he said that was all he had. He also checked for a scar at L4/5 and also said there was no way this report could be right because there should be a scar there. So, there was nothing we could do today.

We then drove over to the NS's office to find out what the heck was going on. Talk about some people stumbling over themselves!!! They discovered what they had done and were somewhat embarrassed. Then they tried to cover it up by saying they had their "in house" radiologist look at my MRI's. He told the nurse that he could see why maybe another radiologist could have read my MRI's as me having surgery at L4/5. WTF! I don't even have a scar there. I told the nurse that the original NS that did the surgery back in '06 would have had to been one heck of a surgeon to do a laminectomy of L4 and L5 from T11!!!!

Anyway, I now have another appointment with this NS so they can figure out what is going on. I do want to know why this new NS didn't see the mistake in the radiologist report. And, if he agrees with the report then I am going to have him show me the MRI's and show me where the laminectomy is at L4/5. I am not a Dr but I have studied all of my MRI's that I have had since 2005 and I can sure show you where I have had a laminectomy.