Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacroiliac joint pain

Justin66JJustin66 Posts: 95
I had a discectomy on Aug.18 on the L4/L5 for left side herniation. Now im having pain in my right lower back at times that is like a stabbing pain, similiar to what the herniation felt like on the left side, I also have constant right hip pain. Now I have had an MRI within the last 3 or 4 weeks to check for a reherniation since I have been in pain. The MRI showed everything was clear.

My question is could the SI joint be causing these problems? I have read that the SI pain can be similiar to a herniated disc pain. Would SI pain be constant and not off and on like I have? Im trying to figure out why im still hurting even though my MRI was clear as a bell.
advertisement

Comments

• Have you been in physical therapy or are you doing any new activity? Sometimes when you have back pain it is common to favor one side which can result in muscle imbalances, etc. After surgery, some of that is all rearranged and the patient can start using their body differently. The muscles are now used different which can result in new pain.

But your situation sounds more like a disc problem at the same level as your surgery. It is possible that I small piece is still floating around and is compressing the nerve on the opposite side...and it would not necessarily be seen on the MRI scan.

I'm sending you a link to some information that you may find helpful.

Gwennie
  • Sounds a bit like sacroiliac disease to me. Notice any clicking in your hips? Any sciatic pain moving from one leg to another or in one leg?