Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

slipped and fell... and its the piggies fault!

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,397
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lighten and Brighten
there i was walking into the breakroom, minding my bidness, and lo and beholt. PAN DULCE!!!!!!
for all you non south Texans its bakery goods, and there are these little gingerbread "piggies" ahhh "maranitos"
that are abSOLUTLY FREEKING good. nnuff said bout the sweetbread
the phone rang and i moved rather too quickly for the plastic floormat to hold when i put on the breaks...
down went Ranchie, in a slow deathroll only seen on most cheep disaster movies.
up went the piggie.
after the richter scale settled to normal, did i find said ginger critter, safe and sound on the chair.
concerned looking boss did look at me funny though. but i saved the piggy.
I know not so funny n all but the brightten part is it didnt hurt too bad hitting the floor!
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RH - glad you are still moving. The good thing is that you can see the humour in this too!

Buddy up here - last week - went out on the steps - 3am, its cold as heck around here - ice on the steps. As he said - his feet flew out in front of him and he was bouncing on the steps - Butt first - as he travelled down the steps into his yard!

He was not too hurt - but did see the humour thinking about how it would look - to someone watching!

Cheers - C45
  • Ya It was a slow oooohhhh pooo moment for me what can ya do? but thank God it didnt hurt too much and Two... no one saw!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• What are you trying to do - make me look good?

All in all I am glad you didn't hurt more than your pride.

It's a bit comical, don'tcha think - the moves we make trying desperately not to hit the ground? Usually, I am more sore from using muscles I don't normally use when trying to not fall than from the actual fall.

I decided one day that I would just let the inevitable happen and just fall already, but my survivor instincts will not allow that... Must... Fight... At... All... Cost!
  • If i was an olympian, i prolly would have got either a solid 10...for effort. or kicked out of the room. i fall pretty good actually with all the grace of the truly phat and ungainly, kidding. there is a skid mark on the ceiling from the first gingerbread piggy reaching escape velocity! we are tougher than we think...I think.
    there is the fear of more pain caused by accident, than the accident itself, granted it was a small one in the scheme of things,
    so here i stand guilty of my own non following of advice, dont fear the future, coz it happens, and only then can you act to remedy what happens...know what I mean?
    on the coffie break in btween the bad action Van-Dam slo mo like mo-lassas epic battle against gravity(took longer to fall actually) than say it, i was thinking bout fear, it happend, i was ok, move on.
    hope all your fall isnt bad, git up , dust the crumbs, and giggle if ya can!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health