Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this supposed to come out?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I have a fishing string hanging from my neck, and while holding my 4 month old daughter, she grabbed the string and slightly pulled on it. It didn't exactly hurt, but I noticed that now the string is WAY longer on the side she pulled it then before. So I'm wonderin what the hell I am supposed to do with this? It's only on one side, I don't even notice it on the other side. I'm a little nervous, and I don't need my stitches opening up, but I don't want to go back to the doctor because everything has cost me 67,500. Got to cut corners somewhere! Anyone else know the solution to this problem??

• the inside stitches are probably the kind that just disappear on their own over time, theyre absorbed into the body. As far as the outside string, the doctor told me I could just trim those down after awhile. When I had my neck done thats the kind they used anyway.
  • Sounds nothing more than a inside stitch. I had a few of those and went to doctor they got a sterile kit out that cost hmmm $50 and cut it. I said i could have done that with my scissors and they said well you didn't. Those stitches usually disolve over time but sometimes they come through before the absorb in the body. As long as the incision not open up i would say you are good to go. If your still nervous go to drug store and get a few steri strips just to be safe.
  • When I had my ulnar nerve release last year, I felt something kind of poking out, but as it was on my elbow I couldn't get a good look at it. I went to the doc & he said it was the tail end of an inside stitch that had just come out a bit, and not to worry about it, it could be snipped off. The part of the stitch inside was either still holding things together, or had been absorbed already.