Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Number 27!

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Ah, I watched in ecstasy, as my beloved NY Yankees won their 27th World Series.
Now, I can rest a bit easier until playoff time for the Football season (NY Giant fanatic) and then for the Hockey Playoffs (NY Islander craz-a-matic)

I've been a super fan of the Yankees and Giants since I was 8 years old. My father used to take me to so many baseball games at Yankee Stadium and a number of NY Giants games.

As for the Islanders, growing up on Long Island and attending Hofstra University , the Isles were right there! Watched them when they couldnt wind 10 games a season, through their 4 straight Stanley Cups and now back to not doing a heck of a lot.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Now why was I not surprised to see this post? :-)

Congrats to the Yankees!
  • Hi Ron, I was not much of a baseball guy - never played in my youth, until I was in Toronto for a week. I happened to be downtown, near the ballpark, Sat afternoon, I think. I walked over to see who was playing and the Blue Jays and Millwaukie were playing. Classic game!

I sat up with the pigeons and grabbed a hotdog and coke and spent the afternoon just watching them play. I forget who honestly won now.

Been about 18 years since I was to a live game, need to change that!

• I had a feeling Ron would be in a super happy mood today.

Our oldest and youngest sons play/ed baseball. Our oldest was an awesome pitcher from the time he was about 11 or 12. Hubs spent lots of money on pitching coaches for him (college and semi pro). Wouldn't you know it - he had to sit out his senior year at high school due to a shoulder injury/surgery! He's 19 now and is an assistant baseball/football coach at the high school he attended.

Our youngest hates playing baseball. Unless he is on a winning team. One coach he had argued with EVERYBODY - opposing coaches, umpires, PARENTS. No one liked him as a coach - as a regular guy he was tolerable. Then, our son played on a tournament team. They started off a little shakey, but started winning tournaments.

They both got to meet Ben Sheets - who is a local boy done well.

Go Yanks!

• It's all Yankees and Giants in our home. My husband is a crazy Giants' fan and now my son is turning into one. We went to Albany this summer to Giants training camp and my husband took the kids the last 2 years before that. It's pretty amazing to see them so close up.
  • GO RED SOX!!! Lol.

We'll be back for the next season.

• it was to painful to watch! LOL!!! i am an L.A. Angel fan!! Jenny