Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No news is good news...

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Chronic Pain
Well, I went for an MRI of my brain and lumbar spine last week. The brain MRI was to check for lesions, to ensure I didn't have MS, as my sister does. No lesions found (and yes, I do have a brain lol!!) As for my lumbar spine, they saw moderate DDD at L4/L5, but nothing much else. So, the pm figures the pain there is coming from the joints, and once he gets my neck settled, is going to start with facet joint injections at that level, too (I'm about to go for my 2nd set at C5/6 and C6/7). I just can't believe that I have all this pain, and nothing shows as to why. My legs and feet and toes go numb (I do have other issues with my left leg though), not to mention my arms and hands, and the sciatic pain is unreal somedays. It takes about 15 minutes of stretching before I can even roll out of bed most days, and I mean roll literally, because everything is so stiff and painful. I just wish I knew what it is that's causing all of this!! But it isn't MS, which is good news.
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• I know exactly what you are saying about having so much pain and nothing shows on the MRI. That is exactly what happened to me and I was bedridden in pain. I was told that only the worst of the worst shows on an MRI. There are many other tests to be done that may help diagnose your pain. facet joints can cause tons of pain. Good luck and I hope that you find relief soon.
  • That is great to hear that you don't have to worry any more about the possibility of MS. I hope that your doc is able to bring your pain and stiffness under better control for you and soon.

This discussion has been closed.