Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First follow-up appt- have rate and pulse width control

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I am now 8 days out from my surgery and I had my first follow-up appointment today. I was very glad to go in because the two programs they had set up weren't working well. My Dr. told me I didn't have to wear the corset anymore and took off the bandages. All I have left on my back is some kind of paper over the incisions and my Dr. said it would come off on its own. I am now allowed to take a shower (whoohoo) and I can start working from home. I can still feel the IPG and it is sore, but my Dr. said it should get better within the next few weeks. I talked to him about weaning off some of my meds and he didn't want me to do anything yet but we are going to discuss it more at my appointment in 4 weeks.

Then I met with my Boston Scientific programer and she created four entirely new programs for me. Right now my programs primarily focus on my legs since anytime that she tried to take the programs highter they irritated my IPG area. We discussed concentrating on the back area more once my IPG sensitivity went down. I also mentioned that the manual discussed the ability to have further options for patient control. She then gave me the ability to control the pulse width and rate and showed me how to work them. I didn't think these options were available with Boston Scientifc so I am really pleased to have them. I can save the changes that I like as well.

So overall things are going pretty well. I will be really happy when the IPG is less sensitive, but I am happy to be buzzing again! Off to play with my settings.

• So glad for you. I know you were worried and discussed your fears in many threads. I hope you are happy with your decision...as it was yours to make. The option was given to you and the rest was up to you. Pain is not discriminate on age. Happy to hear you talking to your doctor about cutting pain meds. That tells me the SCS is working. I don't know if you remember my post...but in 4 weeks you might notice that you are reducing you meds on your own. My doctor said that with time you will not notice it but you will start extending the time between doses. Eventually you will be off them or down to a bear min. Remember some will always have to take some type of pain medication. So don't but too high expectations on yourself.
  • Glad to hear that things went well for you today and that your rep was able to create some new programs for you. You will be amazed at how many different things you begin to notice over the next few weeks and at how much more you want to get out and about doing things.

Just go with the flow and let things develop naturally. You will soon enough find the path you wish to be on every day.

• haglandc said:

Just go with the flow and let things develop naturally. You will soon enough find the path you wish to be on every day.

That looks almost like more wisdom from Yoda!

My favorite

"When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not".
    -- Yoda

I feel 900 some days....