Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new sensation

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Today I experienced something very strange. I was in the shower and had just finished washing/conditioning my hair and I felt as if something was squeazing my upper back. Like a snug rubberband accross my upper back/shoulder area.

I also had the normal "stars" that I get when washing my hair.

I am going to call the NS office and leave word with the nurse.

Has anyone else experienced this one?

• from you discription...does it feel like someone is winding your shoulders to the center of your back? If that is what you tried to put into words, I have that constantly. I wouldn't be surprised one day to find my shoulders touching each other behind me.

I feel fairly certain, that it is my muscles spasming that gives me that twisting feeling. It seems to make my shoulders get to be next to my ears (not literally, but you know). I am constantly trying to stretch this out..and lower my shoulders, but if feels like i am stretching a rubber band.

let us know what you doctor had to say.

• I feel like my skin shrank. Like it is too tight? Weird huh?

Yesterday evening was my worst day so far. Both my hands froze for several minutes at a time (on and off) though out the night. Shooting pain into my shoulders and elbows, and burning/tingling hands.... My neck which hasn't hurt a lot hurt to move the smallest amount.

Today is promising to be just as wonderful.