Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about spasms

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Spiney Friends,

I have a relatively new symptom that is really bugging me.

I have been getting incredibly-stop-in-my-tracks-spasms in my upper right butt.Always the same spot. Totally new for me. Anyone have some insight on lessening this pain?

My surgery is soon, hopefully it will rid me of this problem. Thanks for any input.

• had an easy answer for you but the only thing that helps me with spasms is muscle relaxers. Sometimes if it is not too severe a hot bath or ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off will help.
  • I suffer from leg cramps on a daily basis. Muscle relaxers are my first line of defense. Some cramps still get through the meds. The only advice I would give is to not fight the cramp. I have found that if I just let them happen, they're usually not as bad.

• One of my favorite tricks for localized muscle spasms is to freeze water in a dixie cup, and then once its frozen you can peel down the sides of the cup and put the ice directly on the spasm (as long as you keep it moving). The direct ice helps slow the nerve impulse, and I have found that it works well to ease the pain of a spasming muscle.
This discussion has been closed.