Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic pain and leg spasm

cinhooccinhoo Posts: 27
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:38 AM in Chronic Pain
ive been having alot of leg spasm on both legs, mostly at
night, i was wondering if there was a connection between
the two. and what could cause it?
thanks in advance
cindi
advertisement

Comments

• The muscle spasams could be related to your chronic pain, depending on where the pain is located and what is causing it.
    It could also be something as simple as drinking more water during the day will stop them. I had problems with leg cramps or spasams for years and then read on the net that drinking more water would clear up leg cramps. That is what stopped my night time leg cramps......more water!!
    I now take Skelaxin 800mg three times a day for my muscle spasams. It is a muscle relaxer and VERY expensive but it is the only muscle relaxer I have found that works for me. A lot of people take Flexaril(s?), another muscle relaxer and not as expensive, but it never worked for me. :''( I would still be up most of the night with with both legs in painful spasams. Those darned things are savage when they hit aren't they?
    By drinking more water, I mean at least 8 glasses a day. I would drink 4 tall iced tea glasses a day which would equal 8 short glasses, and yes I had to force it down, but it worked like magic.
    Try that a few days just to see if it works for you then see your Doctor about a muscle relaxer or whatever he reccomends. Eating Bananas may also help although it never did for me.
    Best of luck to you Cindi
    Cheers
    Patsy W & Pepper :H
This discussion has been closed.