Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Right Arm Pain

rugmankcrrugmankc Posts: 131
I currently have lower back issues with my spine L4 thru S1. Have seen a NS and contemplating surgery. Pain is in the lower back and some sciatica in the legs. The last month I have had pain down my right arm which sometimes feels similar to leg sciatica. I had this feeling in my left arm two years ago and it went away after four months. Never knew what caused it and did not have the severe back issues at that time I have now. I don't know if this is a muscle pull, pain due to arm position from sleeping more on my sides because of the back pain, or pinched nerves in the mid to upper spine. My question is: can you have arm sciatica with no upper back pain whatsoever, or arm pain from pinched lower back nerves?

• Hi, I now have arm pain too, and apparently the injury in my lower back twists or jams the upper spine so that its pinching a nerve high up and causing arm pain. More bearable than sciatic pain but still hurts badly if i move arm to high etc.

I think chiro is helping me somewhat with this????

Hope that helps some
    Good luck
  • Thanks Formerfire,

Are you talking about an accident type injury or just your spine issues. I had no recent trauma to my spine just lifetime degeneration. Some older issues with sports in High School and running and weightlifting. All of of which ended 20 years ago. If it does not heal and is not related to some thumb arthritis issues radiating up the arm, I will get a CT or MRI of upper spine and some arm or shoulder Xrays. I had a similar problem 2 years ago before my spine issues became painful. It was in my left arm and disappeared on its own in four months. I had a cortisone shot in the left thumb, the left arm was hurting also. The shot has helped the thumb for now and arm pain has decreased. So at this point I have no answers. My back is somewhat better, thumbs are tolerable, and now getting a heel spur addressed. One thing at a time, but the right arm is next.

• amazing how the body keeps adjusting and causing more pain isn't it!

I had a disc herniation followed by surgery May 2008, this is still ongoing rehab back changes for me.

let me know how you go
  • Yes it is,

This has been the worse medical year for me and my wife seems to be following suit. My back has improved somewhat, my cortisine yesterday for the heel spur is initially looking OK, and the arm is better today. We will see--- :))) :)))

This discussion has been closed.