Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Depression is Setting in

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
All I've done today is make dinner and do one load of laundry and my neck is killing me AGAIN. What kind of life is this? I thought all of this was in my past once I had my surgery. I never thought I'd be dealing with it again 1 1/2 years later.
My left index finger has been numb for the past 2 weeks and the strength in my left hand and forearm is bad as well. I also have the numbness coming back in my thigs and the tingling in the back of my head and the left side of my face.
I go to see my surgeon tomorrow, I hope I get answers. I have a feeling I'm not going to like whatever answer I get though. I'm afraid he's either going to tell me that I need another surgery or that there is nothing he can do for my symptoms as I've already had the surgery. Either option sucks...I HATE THIS.
I am going to see my PCP tomorrow as well (after my surgeon). I'm considering asking her for some antidepressants to help me cope with all of this. I don't sleep well and I cry at the drop of a hat. I just want my life back.

• I am so sorry you are having troubles with your neck again. We are told that we may have problems again down the road, but 1 1/2 years is such a short period of time. The chronicity of our spine problems can definitely set us up for depression. I am on antidepressants for this reason, and they have helped me cope a great deal. You have enough suffering going on, I would definitely ask your doctor about medication. Have you seen a counselor? Talking it out with a professional can also be very helpful. Hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.

Best to you,

• I am so sorry that you are going thru this, asking your PC for medication is a great idea, any help we can get to make it over the herdles is good. I hope your apt with the surgeon goes well, and am hoping your apt goes well.

• I am the same way i cry and i want my life back too, i went through 2 horrific surgeries , i find my self depressed at times i see a physic once a week and it help, this is life changing for us.. but the mind is stronger than the body and we have to be positive the last couple of days wre nice cuz the weather here in chicago was warm but the cold i cannot take.. i find my self more depressed i try not to cry in front of my kids because they do not understand , i hadd a plan and because of my injury i need a new direction, and do not know what that is yet i miss work and my friends and most of the time i do not want to do a thing and no-one could possibly know how i feel because they did not go through what i did, talk to yr doc and get on a low dose of something i did , but idk. my mind wanders good luck