Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie here but not to pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi! My name is April. I was looking up about back pain and pregnancy to see if the two can mix somehow since me and my hubby want to try. So I am sitting here in my bed, in pain, and found this site! I have been dealing with back pain for two years now and I am ONLY 20. I was injured in a combat accident in the military and didn't know I was injured until a week later when I collapsed. Later on military doctors found I had three bulging disk, narrowing of my spinal cord, and the starting of degenerative disk disease. All because of that one accident. My injury area is between the L4-S1. I built up my back and was pain free for about a year then it hit me again. For the past week I have had numbness and tingling down my left leg, and severe back pain that landed me on crutches again so I can keep weight off my lower spinal cord and multiple ER visits. So me and my husband were really excited about having a baby until this happened. Now I am wondering if it is my bed because I literally woke up one morning with it killing me and I was fine until I started laying on it again, like I am now, a few minutes ago. Well, that is my rant for the night. I'm just aggravated I have these problems when I want to do so much in life. :(

• First - Welcome to the site - look on the front of the site as well - there are good descriptions and videos that cover all topics, and injuries that we have.

My journey began, when I was 2 years older than yourself. I have modified my life to include this injury and have done almost anything I have wanted to, over the years. I will say that I cannot take rollercoasters and other things that shock the back, but within reason, I do everything.

I have been on this journey for 28 years or so now.
    So - look at your body as a test lab, learn from it - how it needs to be treated in order to work with it- rather than fight it and enjoy the scenery?

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. first, i want to thank you for your service. =D> i am very sorry you injured yourself.... we just had a "spiney" announce her pregnancy last week so it is possible to have back problems and have babies. :D not easy i am sure, but possible.... if you are thinking it could be your bed that is a good place to start!! :? it may be a combination of any number of things so why not start weeding the possibilities out now? i do hope it is only your bed causing these extra problems. please check out the forum under "Good News" and you will find the baby announcement... :D good luck to you... Jenny :)
  • I do hope that it is just your bed but I must tell you that I blamed my bed for years and although a good mattress will make a difference in my case that was not the only problem. Type in mattresses in the search box at the top of this page and you will find members talking about which beds that they have found to be good or bad. Good luck and I will see you around the forum.