Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How did you safekeep your phone in hospital?

z3cruzinzz3cruzin Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Sleeping and being on meds and off for PT how did you keep your stuff safe? Thanks

• I was just in the hospital for 6 days and we kept the valubles in the unlocked cupboards just to keep them out of sight. Even our clothes and my phone was out in sight the entire time and we didnt have any problems. I dont think in a hospital setting you have to worry about theft too much. Plus in recovery this will be the least of your worries.
  • We really didn't hide anything. My laptop was out the entire time, along with my cell phone and I didn't even stop to think that someone may steal it. I would probably put it in a closet or cupboard as well if I had to.
  • I was only in overnight for microdiscectomy but they actually made me "check in" my bag. I only kept a small back pack overnight but had to list the contents and worth. They then said it was ok to leave near my bed (luckily I was in the bed farthest from the door so kept it near window). I actually asked to keep my phone on the night stand within reach so I could take calls from family. Then if I needed anything, i'd ask family for it when they visited.

I'd suggest calling the hospital to ask them their thoughts (or ask them when they call for presurgery instructions).
  • I kept my cell phone under my pillow. I didn't really worry about anyone stealing it much - no one came in except (occasionally) the nurse!!

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • from wal-mart {ASDA} and put my contract chip in it .i also slept with it under my pillow!
    tony x
  • I agree - if I were going in to the hospital my phone would be RIGHT near me.....

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • When my dad was in hospital recently, he was quite out of it for much of the time, but we kept his phone tucked under his pillow where he could reach it. He found it difficult to roll over so putting it on his bedside table would not have worked.