Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Matters of the Heart
A life long friend of the family that had hepatitis c and has been awaiting a liver transplant is losing his battle for life. He has been hospitalized for the past month. Today he was transferred to Hospice and only given a few days to 1 week to live. He is only 53. His first grandchild was born 1 month ago so I think that he is greatful that he lived to see her. I am deeply saddened and heartbroken for he and his family. I have been crying all day and guess that I just needed to get it out. Thanks for listening.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    when you have someone close to you that is on the brink of death. You dont know what to do, especially in the short period of time.
    I lost my best friend 8 years ago. He was on the lake, wakeboarding, came back into the boat and just fell over.
    A massive heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital, where my wife (who didnt know it) was called down to the ER to see what could be done. It took her about 5 minutes before she realized who it was. I was called in and came to the hospital, expecting to find my friend injured or something like that. When I walked into the room and saw him, my heart stop!
    The only thing I can say, is to try to spend as much time with your friend as possible. I am sure that they will appreciate you being there.
    Cry, cry a lot, its so hard when you are close to losing a friend. THere are no words that can ease that pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • what makes it even harder is that he is 3 hours away from me. My son is there with him though. I just had a rhizotomy this morning but I will go as soon as I am able if nothing else I will be there for his family. My son tells me that he is pretty much out of it. They are giving him large doses of ativan. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.
  • I'm so sorry that you are losing your friend. I know you're frustrated you can't be there but think of your son as an extension of yourself. A part of you is there with him. Take care J.J.

Faith M
  • So heartbreaking to hear this when so much can be done if only people would DONATE organs.

My thoughts go to you and your friends and families .
  • Dear J.J.,

I am so very sorry to hear this. I have been through this myself and I feel your heartache.

What I always try to remind myself, is that our loved one will no longer be suffering. If I hold on to that thought, it seems to help a little bit.

Think back to the many happy times spent together, as that is what your dear friend would want to talk about. You will smile and cry at the same time, but it helps the hurting.

Hospice will make your friend as pain-free as possible. When my one friend passed away in Hospice care, I purchased a purple candle in her honor. I would light it every holiday and on her birthday, in remembrance of her. Sprigs from a rosemary bush are symbolic of remembrance, so if you can have those at the base around your candle... it kind of adds a more personal touch. I've been through many candles throughout the years when I honor and remember her, but they always have to be purple in color. That was her favorite color. Maybe there is a special scent of a candle that will remind you of your loved one? Just wanted to share how I have honored my friend who passed, with you.

My heart goes out to you, J.J. Please keep us posted when you can. You just had the rhizotomy done and I don't want you to over do yourself right now. Take it as easy as you can.

You will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

• are all so special. Who could really ask for a better group of friends than what we have here? Always to be counted on and just always there. It really is appreciated.
  • Sorry to hear about your friend,you take care....
  • JJ...I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and him and his family. It's a very hard thing to deal with the loss of a friend. Be sure to not overdo it. You don't want to get a flare up. Being upset and stressed can trigger a flare up as well so I hope you are taking the time to get the rest you need.
  • sorry my friend i know how bad you must feel the loss of a friend can hurt more than you think they say that a loss in a family is bad but i cried buckets when i found out that an old school friend had committed suicide,and i had not seen him for years ..{i still think about him }
    tony x
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. It's so hard when you want to be there but can't. I'm glad your son can be there for you. Just remember to take care of yourself.