Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going out of town to see new spine doctor

RICKRRICK Posts: 136
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am going out of town tomorrow to see a new doctor, a orthopedic spine surgeon. I don't see him until Thursday morning at 7:30 am. My NS is recommending redoing my C4-6 and fixing C3 & 7 maybe plus putting a plate on the back of my neck to stabilize it. God what ever it takes to give my relief from this pain.

• Hi Rick,

Are you going out of town for another opinion or finding a new surgeon? No matter which one it is, I always believe in getting multiple opinions. So is the surgeon proposing doing a 360 meaning going to enter from the front and the back of the neck? The other two levels will they be adding the other two levels in as fusions or just cleaning them up with frominatomies(sp). If they are fusing them what do they say about your ROM? Have they said what is wrong with the levels they have already fused as to what is causing the pain?

I wish you good luck on this new surgeon and I hope that you get some answers so you can soon be on the recovery road. keep us posted.
  • Rick I know you have been in horrible pain, and hope that this surgeon you are going to will be able to give you theses results. Please let us know what he says...I'll be thinking about you.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Good luck Rick and keep me posted as we are in the same mess.
  • I saw the new surgeon this morning, he said my front plate as loose screws and it did not fuse. (Dec. 8, 2008). He is going to a back of the neck surgery where he will put a plate from C4-T2 with bone graft from my hip on both sides of this plate, he will also put rods and screws next to this plate. The best I can hope for is a 50% chance this will improved my pain to C+ or B- and a 50% chance I won't be able to go back to work. I agreed to try the surgery with nothing to lose the was I am and I really like this surgeon, he is a straight shooter and does not pull any punches. I will be in the hospital for 5 days or so. I will up date more when they tell me the surgery date.
    Never give up, the Big Guy has a plan which we won't know until we look back at out path.

• So sorry to hear you have to go through another surgery. I am happy that you found a surgeon that you like and trust. I have that with my surgeon. Like the one you found, mine explains my MRI's using my MRI images, if there is surgery he goes through all the options and possible outcomes. Glad to see there are more like that out there! Good luck with it!! :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.