Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heel Pain? Why

FormerfireFFormerfire Posts: 148
Does anyone get shooting pain in their heel? Is this part of sciatica? I didn't get it with my first bout of sciatica but this is starting to annoy me now, just wondering if anyone knows what it is?

• I have had heel pain with L5S1. Pain could travel anywhere along the S1 nerve path. Take it easy
  • HI,
    I also have heel pain in right foot only. It is sciatica. It’s like the heel is half asleep, pins and needles. By the end of the day it is not possible to walk on it bare foot. Some days I am looking for a hatchet to take it off! I had a PLIF at L5-S1 in Oct 08. I've had many shots and blocks ect ect ect but no help. I've been to podiatrist, chiros, PM, NS, and PCP no joy. MRI's say the nerve root is clear. NS says possible permanent damage to nerve root from being compressed so long. I went three years with numbness in rt foot before opting for the fusion. The best thing I have found to do is keep off the heel but one has to work and live. Also three kids keep you going. I rest it as long as possible and use Neurontin, ms contin, and zanaflex to manage the pain. There is an outside chance of nerve healing since it has been 13 months from the fusion so I keep hoping that it will. God Bless,