Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Knee Pain

EverythingHurtsEEverythingHurts Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Knee & Hip Problems Board,
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope I'm on the correct subject. I'd appreciate any help or input to what happened to me. About 1-1/2 to 2 weeks ago I was sitting at my computer just like now, for about 2 hours. When I was done and got up both of my legs from the knee down where so swollen they felt they were going to burst, especially my left one. Well after about 1 1/2 weeks the swelling finally got down to a normal level, especially the right one. But ever since, my left knee has been giving me much trouble. At first it felt like a golf ball sized knot behind my knee that was quite painful. That finally started to go down, but up under the kneecap it still hurt very much. And also it feels like a clicking sensation when I bend and straighten it sometimes. I 've got an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon doctor next Tuesday. But this has really got me scared cause I've also got a lot of degenerative back problems that have been going on for 6 years. I don't think they are related, but still, it is just more pain to add to the pile. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd really appreciate it,

• but my husband had something similar happen last year and he ended up with 3 blood clots in his leg. If you feel a knot and still have any swelling I would suggest a trip to the doc or ER much sooner than next Tuesday. Hopefully it is nothing serious but if it is you do not want to wait until next Tuesday. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Most of your signs is what happened to me too - it was a torn meniscus. However the chances of that happening to both your knees at the same time, I would say is rare.

Have you seen a Dr yet? I ask this as JJ is correct about maybe being a blood clot.

PS: welcome to the boards and please do let us know how things work out for you :)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Thanks for the welcome & replies guys!
    Even though both legs swelled up, the right one is back to normal. It's the left one that is giving me lots of trouble. It is like there is a ligament out of place or a bone chip or something that constantly moves when I walk, it hurts real bad and then it is like it clicks in place and feels a bit better. But it just as soon comes out or place again. It doesn't hurt when I sit, just when I walk this happens. Unfortunately it sounds like there is a ligament either torn or out of place. What's weird is that it just happened like 2 weeks ago. I did not do anything stressful, I've got A LOT of lower back degenerative issues, so its not like I can go out and play touch football or something! I guess I'll find out Tuesday. I'll let you all know what the doc says.

Thanks so much,
This discussion has been closed.