Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

severe Dis Degenerative Disease

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Sherry. I am 51 years old. I have 5 kids and 11 grandchildren. Most of my life i worked as a cop or a Security Officer. AS of this year that all came to a end. When I was 18 i had scoliosis surgery. I have a harrington rod. In Feb 2009 i had anterior Cervical Fusion. I had 2 dic replaced. There are 2 Disc they couldn't fix because it would cause a domino affect. In July 2009 I had Lumbar fusion L5-S1. I was diagnosed with Severe Disc Degenerative Disease. The lumbar fusion was one of the hardest surgeries I've been through. You need alot of help afterward. It leaves you with no Dignity. I am doing grat with both surgeries. Today I found out the arthritis has attacked my hip. Now I need Hip surgery. I also have arthritis in my left knee. Most people get a break between surgeries but I'm Not. This has been alot for me to deal with in 1 year.
was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

• Welcome to Spine Health. Wow you have had your share of troubles and still managed to raise 5 kids and work! Way to go girl! Sorry to hear that you need hip surgery on top of everything else.

This forum is a great place to meet others who have been through similar experiences and it's a great place to come and chat with others who "understand" what you are feeling.

• Wow that is a lot of surgeries! I do understand what you are saying about losing all dignity when you can't BLT! You need help with things that nobody ever wants to ask for. The bright side may be that since you are doing so well with your fusion surgery maybe the next surgery will go as well and you will regain some normalcy back to your life. I hope that all goes well and please keep us posted.
  • I can relate to your situation. While most of us are not going through the exact same thing at the same time, many can identify with what you are dealing with.

I am just shy of my 44th birthday and next week will be having my 2nd 2 level lumbar fusion. Once I am recovered from that I need to address the fact that my cervical spine has basically fallen apart: severe DDD and Kyphosis. I also know that I have some scoliosis in the thoracic region that may become a problem later on. Its alot for anyone to face.

I realize it is a lot for you to deal with but you have a large family which hopefully will give you as much support as you need.

Also, we are always here at Spine-health. Post anytime for support or answers, etc.