Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dynesys® Dynamic Stabilization System

Renos64RRenos64 Posts: 77
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Are there experiences with Dynesys® Dynamic Stabilization System, see: http://www.zimmer.com/z/ctl/op/global/action/1/id/9163/template/PC/prcat/P6/prod/y

I already have a fusion on L4L5 and I need something on the levels above this. I thought maybe it will good to have a kind of flexibility on the above levels by doing Dynesys.

I would be thankfull if somebody can share experience or know somebody who have Dynesys.

• Here is a recent post from Gwennie. Seems like it is not supported. Scroll down this section. There was another post about it too.

• Had the Dynesis operation in December 2009 at A Hospital in Basingstoke,England.

First 6 months all going fine but since then nothing but severe pain(worse than before) and very restricted movement.

Didn't help to find out soon after the operation that my Surgeon was being investigated by the GMC for negligence and was soon to face a "fitness to practice"hearing.

Tried contacting Zimmer (the Dynesis manufacturers)who were not in the slightest bit interested in helping(we don't speak to the public) yet when i was originally considering the operation their sales department couldn't have been more helpful...wonder why?

Anyway i am now having an independent assesment carried out to see if the screws have come loose or moved etc.. as i certainly cannot carry on with this pain and restricted movement.
  • So sorry to hear about the failure with the stabilization implants. I really wanted to try ADR or some kind of implant to provide more shock absorption than the fusion that I am about to schedule. But due to my spondylolisthesis I am not a candidate anyway... might be a good thing actually. I wish you nothing but the best and a speedy solution to your suffering! And you've gotta love the overly available sales dept followed by the non-existent customer service dept after the sale.