Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do you create a signature for your posts?

How can I create a signature for my posts? I can't seem to find the link for it.
Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• jmoed said:
    How can I create a signature for my posts? I can't seem to find the link for it.
    Thanks!
    All you have to do is click on "My Account", once in there, click on edit. You will see where it asks again for your password, type it in there. Then scroll down a little bit and you will see a box - that is where you put your signature. After that, scroll all the way down and click submit. Enjoy!!!

Welcome to the site!! :-)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Instead of putting your life history in your signature.
    While in My Account. Edit the Medical History. I that put everything you want since birth. When you have changes just edit that. Then click Submit.

Now under Signature put something short and to the point and add - See my Medical History for more information.

Graham
  • Z06 said:
    Instead of putting your life history in your signature.
    While in My Account. Edit the Medical History. I that put everything you want since birth. When you have changes just edit that. Then click Submit.

Now under Signature put something short and to the point and add - See my Medical History for more information.

Graham
    Hi Ya Graham!!

I pretty much did what you state here. My signature is like 6 lines (2 blanks), but the rest is in my "medical history" as your suggesting. Some folks don't do that and their signatures are 3x's longer than their posts!

Brenda
  • Exactly Brenda! You get it.

There is nothing wrong with putting in detailed history if you want to share. I personally don't. But like you said. Their post is 5 lines and their signature is like 50 lines. I see every doctors appointent, medical filing, medication they take etc... Just to get to the next post.
    Aviatrix36440 said:
    [
    Hi Ya Graham!!

I pretty much did what you state here. My signature is like 6 lines (2 blanks), but the rest is in my "medical history" as your suggesting. Some folks don't do that and their signatures are 3x's longer than their posts!

Brenda
  • Z06 said:
    Exactly Brenda! You get it.

There is nothing wrong with putting in detailed history if you want to share. I personally don't. But like you said. Their post is 5 lines and their signature is like 50 lines. I see every doctors appointent, medical filing, medication they take etc... Just to get to the next post.
    Hehehehe, true! I miss added mine 6.5 lines! But yeah, in all seriousness, yes that is seen on some. It almost gets to me as bad as when someone forwards and e-mail and leaves the "full history" of recipients in the body of the message!!! Bites on a "crackberry"...makes my scroll wheel wear out! Take care Graham. :-)

Brenda
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,059
    IF you have a signature line, then add medical history you are ok, but if you then go in and update your medical history, the entire signature line will be erased.
    Spine-Health development is working on a formal update for profiles. The one that is in place right now, is something I quickly put together when we first migrated to drupal
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
    IF you have a signature line, then add medical history you are ok, but if you then go in and update your medical history, the entire signature line will be erased.
    Spine-Health development is working on a formal update for profiles. The one that is in place right now, is something I quickly put together when we first migrated to drupal
  • Yes I found this out the hard way. The good thing. I only want my sig to be 1-2 lines. Short description and point to Medical History.

So I copied my sig, edited medical history, saved it, then pasted sig back in, saved again.

It's a small work around and not that painful.

Enjoy your vacation this will still be here when you get back. And I'll have the new For Sale section up and running for you.... LOL
  • I thought I read a post that said we had to keep it to 6 lines, or under? I agree with you Graham - long ones are so heavy to read when the post is like, 3 lines long! I just want to get to the next post and the long signature gets in the way.
    The less number of lines in Signature is always better.
    I have the option to cut off the maximum number of lines at any number. To date, I have not implemented that. I am hoping that members will do it themselves.
    I would rather see a link in a member's signature line to another post they made to provide information.
    Also, using the other profile options provides members with a way to document their medical situation, location, birthdate, etc
  • Ron,

That really would help. It would force people to put their Medical History in their Medical History, not Signature.

I tried to explain how to do it. I'm sure we can help anyone who needs help setting up their profile.

The rest I think just don't or won't. Their sigs have been like this for a long time. I'd really love to see you set it at like 5 or 10 at absolute most. Then people will do it the right way. Since we can't kill sig views like vBulletin and such. It seems an Admin solution is the easiest approach.

Oh could we also setup a rules based automated solution. Have it remove all emoticons from your post if you use more than 5 at a time ;-)

Thanks, Graham
  • Z06 said:
    Ron,

Oh could we also setup a rules based automated solution. Have it remove all emoticons from your post if you use more than 5 at a time ;-)

Thanks, Graham
    Got my vote on this one! When every 6th word has a smile, a hand waving, a hug, it gets OLD! I now just pass by those posts - annoying is a minor feeling! There are some members that swim in them on EVERY post...nuff said!

Brenda
    Graham, I will look into setting up the line enforcement. If I am not mistaken, it will not effect any existing signature line, but if a person tries to update it, it will fail based on the limits.
    I think I will start with 6 lines as Max.

Brenda, oh you bet about smileys. I am not a user of smileys. Every once in a while I will put one in for effect. But, some posts have more smileys then they do have words. In those situations, I hate to say, but I just skip the post.
  • I think that is a more than fair number to give people some room to work with their Signature.

I just read through the Spine Health FAQ area. You did put a simple and easy to follow directions to setup Medical History.

So the information needed is available. Right here.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/forum-help-troubleshooting-suggestions/forum-hint-number-003-how-add-items-your-profile

I will go for the 6 lines.... I will make an announcement in our announcement section so that everyone is aware of the change.
  • dilauro said:

Brenda, oh you bet about smileys. I am not a user of smileys. Every once in a while I will put one in for effect. But, some posts have more smileys then they do have words. In those situations, I hate to say, but I just skip the post.

Ron,

Fortunately there are only a select few members that do it, so I skip that way, or like you, I come across them, and scoot right past anymore! I too use one or two in a post at times, but lordy, every single post, every single sentence...skip! Thanks Ron!!

Brenda
  • dilauro said:
    I will go for the 6 lines.... I will make an announcement in our announcement section so that everyone is aware of the change.
    Hummm... I think mine is like 8 - if you are going to count blank (spacer) lines? If so, (the blank lines - if they count) I gotta do a bit of fix there... :-) <--- oops 1 smile! <G>

Good idea by the way....

Brenda
  • dilauro said:
    I just noticed...so yours get shortened too? I didn't realize yours was a sig line. I guess it is?

Brenda
    Being a moderator or administrator allows us to be exempt for certain rules.
    Ok, that might not be right and I do try to do what everyone else does.
    My signature line has some special items in it..
    Forget Rons Story, that is old,
    But the lines about FAQ, Help, Suicide Links, the Moderators and such, I think belong there.
    So, I do hope everyone understands that why I want to set a rule for everyone, I and my team are exempt from that.
    Other than that situation, we try to be just like any other member
  • dilauro said:
    Being a moderator or administrator allows us to be exempt for certain rules.
    Ok, that might not be right and I do try to do what everyone else does.
    My signature line has some special items in it..
    Forget Rons Story, that is old,
    But the lines about FAQ, Help, Suicide Links, the Moderators and such, I think belong there.
    So, I do hope everyone understands that why I want to set a rule for everyone, I and my team are exempt from that.
    Other than that situation, we try to be just like any other member
    Ron,

Just busting your chops a bit! All in fun! :-) You guys are cool...Oh, and I did "trim" mine as you see - as I wasn't sure if you were going to count "blank/spacer" lines?!?!

Brenda
    Signature lines:

4 lines or under = No Charge
    5 linee, for each line = $1.75 per line
    Blank lines = $5.37
    Exceeding our Limit = $1,500

All proceeds for this should be forwarded, certified checks only ( or you can give me your credit card number and security code) to:

RonsHopingforaFortune
    PO Box: Make me rich

I will be glad to provide postage stampe fo handle all of this. Stamp rates are $15.00 per stamp.

Oh, I like some power atr times
  • Ron,

You kill me!!! hehehe..... BTW, when are you going to put this new rule in effect? I never really "looked" much at the length of sigs...wow, some are like 25+ lines!!! Wow!!

Brenda
  • dilauro said:
    I'm still seeing new members with 10-20 line signatures. Did you change this yet?

Line limit is now 6 lines max for signatures.
advertisement