Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PM Clinic questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Pain Medications
I was recently told by my pm doc that she could no longer prescribe my pain meds because of a urine test that showed to small of an amount of one of my meds?? I have been on MS contin 60mg 3xday, and percocet 10-325mg as needed for almost two years with the same clinic (post failed ALIF surgery). Anyway the ms contin shoued up correctly but I guess the percocet did not show enough? I have been in contact with the clinic about this because I thought as needed meant you did not have to take ALL the time.
Anyway all they would say is they can work with me on a plan to taper off using the last month of meds they prescribed. So that is it? I have tried to take less before and the pain is still there. Do I have any options for finding a new PM clinic, or since I apparently failed my urine test does that ace me out from anyone else helping me now??
I am a little scared to go completly off in just 4 weeks.
Any input would help.

• Wow, it almost seems that they want you to take more narcotics than you need?!? It seems to me that urine tests and pill counts NEED to go together, especially for "as needed" meds.

I am very sorry to hear you are having this problem. Hopefully a pill count like Paul suggested will help.

Good luck! Let know how things work out.
  • that they just want to make sure that you are not selling them. Paul's idea just might work and would be worth a try. I would not think that they should expect the percs to show up if it is written as needed?
  • I hope they do give you a chance to bring in the pill bottle. But once they discharge you, they usually won't entertain any explanations or even give you an appt. It will be recorded in your medical chart which you'll need when you get a referral to another clinic. Please remember to take the meds exactly as prescribed. If you don't need as much anymore, let them know so that it will be adjusted for you. Take care and I hope things work out for you.