Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lower Back Pain
Yes i need some help please.I hurt my back last week,and ive been in bed all week,i went to the doctor and he took x-rays and said they were negitive.Well im worried because im not getting better and the pain is not so good,it hurts when i get up and i cant bend to get dressed,the pain is in lower back and top of butt,he said its pulled but i have had pulled muscles before and this feels nothing like the old ones.So what makes it where i can barley stand up after sitting and it hurts to sit,the only releif is laying on my back?

• Have you had a Mri? it will show more than xrays,Did he give you and medicines?
  • No they havent done a mri,and they ggave me pain meds,its getting old because when i sit its terriable getting up,its hurts bad.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to Spine Health.
    I'm sorry you're suffering. I agree with above that you should ask for an MRI if it doesn't improve soon. Have you been taking any muscle relaxers? Also if you possibly can try to walk as much as possible because it really helps the muscles in your back. I'm not saying it is pulled muscles but if it is it can take a long time to heal.
    I hope you get to feeling better real soon.
    Keep us posted.

• to your doc and tell him that you have no relief but it is worse. Sometimes the insurance company will make you try other things before they will approve an MRI. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I have been walking but today has been a bad day,it has really hurt when i walk,i cant even stand up straight,and the pain is moving down in the left leg now,if it was pulled wouldnt it feel better after a week?
  • Bedawgs,
    If the pain is moving down your leg, it is called radiculopathy and that can be very serious. I am not a doctor but I know that when my pain moved down my leg it was from a pinched nerve. Sounds to me like you most definitely need an MRI because that will show the nerves and all. Where in your leg is it? The front of the back? Is it like an electric pain? Lauren.
  • I know how bad this can be. Pain killers hardly make a dent, and it is almost impossible to find a good position.
    If you find that lying on your back is best, that suggests a problem with the body when upright, putting pressure on things.
    In my case, this pain is caused by a locked up pelvic joint. Feels like a nerve pain at the start, then inflammation starts and it becomes muscular.
    When I get this, I go straight to my chiropractor, who is able to look at the back and diagnose it immediately-the way the bones move when a leg is raised tells him.
    He then does a procedure to free the joint up. Immediate relief. Still sore, but gets better fast.
    Do you do any back twisting, bending, lifting?
    That is what causes it.
    It won't get better without this treatment, if that is what it is.
    Very common. Happens to me every few months after I sweep the paths or rake up.
  • Hi Bedawgs, How are you today? There are many articles on here about acute back pain and remedies to relieve it. Have you tried ice or heat? Since you are now having worsening pain that is going down your leg, I highly recommend you call your doctor and ask for a MRI to check on the discs in your lower back.

Best to you,

• Ok im in therapy,they heat my back and i do leg lifts and butt raises and i get through it,but when i get home later on the discomfort starts,i cant bend with out it hurting,and if i cough it about puts me on my knees,the pain started 3 weeks ago and i feel im not getting any better.If it was a muscle like the doc said,wouldnt i be getting where i can bend and when getting out of bed having to roll out,its sucks it workers comp because im have the dull pain and im just curious if anyone reading this has had my symptoms?
This discussion has been closed.