Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Friend Passed Away Today

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Matters of the Heart
I thank you all for your support over the last week. My friend did pass away this morning. He was actually only 46 years old. His son was a match and was set to give him a piece of his liver but my friend was too overweight to survive the transplant. He had tried to lose some of the weight over the past few months but we all know how difficult it can be when you are sick and in pain. His son that was set to donate a piece of his liver is only 19 years old and lost his 19 year old fiance in a terrible car accident 1 month ago today. This whole thing has been such a tragedy. Thanks again to all of you that offered your support during this devastating time.

• I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, but unlike those left behind, he's no longer in pain and that's something to be grateful for.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. Maybe my dad is up there showing him the "ropes".

• Sorry to hear your friend passed away,you take care...
  • My sincere condolences. I never know what to say in these situations, but you and your friend's son will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    My sincere condolences
    My thoughts are with you and your friends family at this sad time

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • So sorry about your loss.Just remember he will always be looking down and saying what a wonderful friend i have.
  • I am so sorry, my good friend. Wishing you strength through the tears. Susan
  • It is horrible that your friend lost his battle but he is now with God and out of pain. It doesen't matter who you lose, how old they are, or if you've known them 10 minutes or 100 years, when you lose a loved one it is a pain and hurt only truly understood by others who have lost loved ones. Many of us have been there, understand, and send prayers of comfort and condolence. God Bless and try to remember the good memories and hold on to them.
  • Blessings to You and your friend's family at this difficult time. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Wow. What a heart wrenching story. I am so very sorry that both you and all the affected parties had to endure all of this. Now, as you know is the best time for you to lean on friends and family. Please dont take these feeling on alone. You did a great job comming here to vent. That is a great step! Please keep it up. I know with me when things get bad I tend to isolate myself which in the long run makes it worse. I hope that you do indeed have friends and family to lean on, that this time passes quickly for you and that God provides you and all the affected comfort and hope. Take care.
  • My sympathy's >:D<
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • to hear of your loss. It is hard to lose someone close to you, and you have my sympathys.
  • JJ, may God's grace get you through this painful time as you mourn the loss of your good friend.

O:) O:) Guardian angels to guard your heart while it's breaking.

Take care,

• I'm sending you a cyber hug J.J., take care friend.

Faith M
  • I don't have many words, never know what to say.
    Just that I'm so sorry. I have donor on every card that has a place for it to be written.

My aunt got back to back liver transplants in the 80's and is still doing well on the second one. That's what makes it so sad for me.
  • JJ so sorry to hear the loss of your friend. Will be thinking of you and your friends son on this day. Take care.
  • i'm deeply sorry for your freind jj
    he was very young.
    what a great father he was to have a son willing to do that for him,and who just himself suffered such a horrible lost..
    words are not comfort enough for what your going thru, i'm deeply so sorry for your great loss.
    try to be strong and know your freind will be always watchin over you.
    take care
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • that was exactly the right thing to say. Thank you.
  • just never cease to amaze me. Nobody would ever believe what a caring group this is unless they experienced it for themselves. Thank you so very much for all of the kind words. It really has meant alot to me.
  • JJ. Words just can't express. And I feel for his son. So young, and so much to deal with too soon. I lost my Dad when I was 17 and my Mom when I was 24, it's just too young!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his son.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

• The funeral was today. He also has a 22 year old daughter and raised them both as a single parent. His first granddaughter was born about 6 weeks before he died so I am glad that he at least got to meet her. Thanks again to all for all of the support.
  • I am so sorry about your loss, no one ever knows what to say in these cases even if they themselves have been there as I have, it is a terrible loss that you will never forget, all I can say is hang in there, it will get easier as time goes by but you will always remember your friend. We spineys are here for you if you need us, and we are so grateful to have you here and I appreciate all the advice that you give, I try to read all of your posts. Please do remember that your friend is no longer in pain and is looking down at you and saying ( That is him God, My friend J.J ) He was a great friend and I was so honored to know him. Keep your head up and if you want to talk we are here.