Well, I was all scheduled to have my lumbar hardware removed on December 2nd and my new pain doc. decided to order MRI's of my T-spine and hip because she thought something was up. Well, something is up, I have Thoracic cord compression and myelopathy at T7-T8 (and buldges everywhere). I have been complaining about pain there for a year and a half and finally someone listened!! I also have a labral tear in my hip, but that didn't show up on MRI. So, I canceled the surgery and they are setting me up to go to Thomas Jefferson University to see some big specialist. I'm really scared. I see someone about my hip Dec 10th , not as scared about that. I know that Thoracic can be very complicated. Back surgery in general is horrible. I know I'm getting ahead of myself! Anyway, anyone have Thoracic issues, advice, comfort?I'm so afraid I'm doing the wrong things.
Wife to Roy
Mom to Tony 13, Gavin 9, and Donovan 7
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5