Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Change in leg pain

DedalusDDedalus Posts: 92
Last week, I began taking Gabapentin (in addition to my otehr med) for nerve pain and sciatica. It has helped me a lot so far. The sciatica that I have in my right leg is still there, but much less painful. At the same time though, I've started having some pretty significant muscle pain in my right inner thigh/groin area. It feels like I have pulled a muscle there or something, but I haven't done any activities that could have caused a pull.

This is easier pain to deal with than the sciatic pain, but it is actually making my limp worse.

So, could this basic but significant muscle pain be caused by anything related to my condition or meds (see sig)? Or should I just wait it out like I would if I pulled something in an activity (and mention it if it continues for another week or 2)? My doc and I have plenty of things to discuss at my appointment tomorrow without me bringing this up if it is not necessary... that and I'd hate to have yet another thing to whine to him about.

• Any change in your condition you should bring up with your doctor.

I have sciatica from a herniated disc and I can tell you that in my case the location of the pain can pretty much change daily, not only between the left and right leg but where.

I have noticed for myself when I use a flector patch that is I place it on my hip closer to my groin I get more relief as opposed to simply putting it on my thigh where I have the pain. My doctor explained that is not unusual as by the way the nerve runs. I am not sure I understand but it does work better.

• feel like you are whining. Remember that is what you pay your doc for. I agree that you should mention any and all concerns. Good luck.