Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Poll: SS Disability Back Pay Question :o) Please Respond. :o)

caitycccaityc Posts: 268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hey there! I was wondering...... For those of you approved for SS Disability and eligible for back pay..... How long after your "official" date of approval did it take for your back pay to be direct deposited/mailed to your home? I know some of you had the money deposited before you even got your official approval letter.

I know every case is different, and probably takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.

I was officially approved October 30th (I have yet to get my approval letter, but know for a fact after talking to SS that I've been approved), and know my benefits will start the 4th week of December.

The gal I talked to at SS on November 3rd told me I should get my back pay within 30 days.

Just looking for an idea of when I can perhaps expect mine. I called the main SS line and the gal told me she doesn't have access to that information

Thank you all for your responses!!!!!!

• Social Security is pretty timely on their payments. If you have your "official date" and it is confirmed the 30 day window is about right! So sorry you had to file so young!!!

I am in process for Federal Disability Retirement and concurrent to that, I have to file for SSDI. They are one of the few "federal govt." types that are fairly accurate on their payments and time lines. I hope that helps. Take care. :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • said to give them 60 days to pay my back pay and if I did not hear from them to contact them. I have seen many that got it alot sooner than that though.