Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

opinion plz - should I call the doc?

yasminayyasmina Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or not.

During 3 of the last 4 nights (at least, could be longer), I woke up and needed to go to the bathroom. As soon as I sat up, I could fee the need to urinate. Well, I tightened my muscles down there, but as soon as I stood up, I had no control. It just started to "rain" as I ran to the bathroom. The urge has hit me during the day too, but I'm usually able to make it to the toilet then.

I do drink a lot of fluids, but also go to the bathroom a lot, and always before bed, and lean forward to make sure I am voiding everything available.

There have also been a few times that I've been lucky to make it to the toilet for a bowel movement. I've attributed that to the yummy bean salad I made the other day and pumpkin seeds that I eat this time every year. But now I'm beginning to wonder.

Do you think this is just normal, middle age female things creeping up on me, and I should go buy some depends?

Or could this be the start of something more serious and I should call my doc about?

• in doubt call your doctor. It could be nothing but it better safe then sorry for it could be something serious. Call as soon as you can and keep us updated.

• that is definitely not normal and needs to be addressed.I have some trouble with my bladder.I get up frequently during the night to pee and have had a few episodes where i've woken up a bit wet but haven't had that checked yet.I do have lower back problems.I've been trying to get my doctor to help find out whats going on but in my case she's not interested.Hopefully your doctor will have some concern for your situation. good luck.
  • the nurse from the ns office just called. Said she would talk to the dr. and have the scheduler call me about the surgery. She will call back after she talks to the dr. about whether he thinks the incontinence is related to my issues.

So the waiting game begins again......
  • They just called back again. they either want me to go to the er today and have emergency surgery or have surgery on Mon.

Dh has a high school concert on Mon., so I don't know if he can take that day off. I know my mom will take me, but I prefer my husband.

Waiting for a call back from my husband, as he is in class right now.
  • I am glad your doctors office called you back and told you to go to the ER. Weather the surgery is done over the weekend or on Monday I am wishing you the best of luck with it. Your surgeon sounds like a person that responds to what you tell him and am sure he will do what is right for you. I will keep you in my thoughts, and know everything will work out ok, hopefully your husband will work something out so he can be with you, if not I am so glad that your Mom will be there for you.

• Good luck. I hope the surgery goes well.