Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

so frustrated

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I talked to my physical therapist today and told him that my bladder and saddle area have really been hurting since i was hit in the back last week.He said that i should see a doctor and get checked out again.I told him that i thought it was a waste of time because they always test me for urinary infections and nothing ever shows up.My doctor finally told me that she had no idea why i had pain in my bladder and she wasn't doing anymore tests to find out.He told me that i should still go and get it charted so that when the doctors look back they can see how many times i've had problems with my bladder and then it will promp them to send me to a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon.So tonight i went to my doctors night clinic and told the doctor there what happened last week and that my lower stomach and bladder has felt swollen and painful ever since and it wasn't getting any better.I gave him a copy of my mri that was just done on my lower back and he read it and examined my lower back and then my stomach.He said what i expected he would say.He said that he thought it was a coincidence that my stomach started to hurt after the hit and that i may have a bladder infection.I just shook my head.He said that he was going to do a urinalysis and that they would get the results early next week and that i copy of the results would be sent to my doctor. He gave me a antibiotic to take. I wasn't too happy with the whole experience,i know that its not going to show anything just like the last time and the time before that.I asked him if it was possible that my bladder could have gone into spasm after i got hit in the back and he said it was possible but he never gave me an antispasmodic to take just the antibiotic.Once i find out for sure that the urine test is negative i'm going to make an apt. to see my doctor and ask her to send me to a neurologist.I'm so tired of going through this bladder situation.It hurts so much everytime it goes into spasms.She obviously doesn't want to treat me so she can send me to someone who will.

• Did you have bladder issues before your surgery? I have a struggled with bladder issues in the past. It ended up I had interstitial cystitis.

I changed my diet and have not had any problems since. I was suppose to take some medication but chose not to. It had some side effects.

I had burning and pain. I would take shallow baths to help but it was horrid. Jumping up and down made it much worse. That would actually bring on attacks. I was teaching high impact aerobics. My students were so nice. I'd have to stop in the middle of class and start just coaching because the pain was so bad.

Just a thought.
  • gethealthy said:
    Did you have bladder issues before your surgery? I have a struggled with bladder issues in the past. It ended up I had interstitial cystitis.

I was just looking up how to spell that. I don't have it, but a girl who works in my department does and she's out ALL the time. I understand it feels just like a UTI and quite painful. I'd be looking for a urologist.

• before my surgery on my neck i had bladder frequency.I couldn't go more then 15or sometimes 10min without running to the washroom.That was very difficult,i was sent to a urologist then and he thought the problem was coming from my neck he did some tests on me and finally said that he didn't know what the problem was. He referred me back to my doctor but before i saw her again i was called to go into surgery.After the surgery it seemed to clear up until i got into the car accident and then it started all over again.Now i have periods of feeling fine and then times of worsening but it seems to be at least every month.Every time i see a doctor they say you must have a UTI and they do a culture and urinalysis but nothing ever shows.Whenever my therapist mobilizes my spine the pain in my bladder intensifies.I don't know what else to say except that i'm getting tired of being in pain.