Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 months post-op & feeling great, took matters into my own hands

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am 11 months ACDF (2 levels) post-op & feeling good!! :D
Didn't think it would be possible, but I'm finally there (hopefully for good). My neck immediately felt stronger right after my surgery & I didn't have to hold my neck up with my hand anymore. However, I was plagued with side neck muscle spasms (I would run my fingers over the muscles & they would feel like hard pebbles in my neck) and different acting migraines. I just couldn't get it through my docs head that if I could get rid of the muscle spasms, I would feel a lot better. He sent me to 4 physical therapy sessions & sent me home with a cervical traction device, which only made my muscles spasm worse and I wouldn't want to use it. So, in October, we went to the State Fair here in Tulsa & after a couple of hours of walking the fair, my neck muscles started screaming at me. :jawdrop: I remembered seeing one of those booths that sell the personal @ home ?Tinge? massagers (not sure if I spelled that right). It has pads you stick to your skin over the tense muscle then you connect to wires that connect to a hand held device that delivers electricity to the muscles in a massaging pattern (several patterns to choose from). So I thought now is as good a time as any to test this thing out to see if it really works, & within 15 minutes, my stiff muscles felt great. I was SOLD! I'm sure I over paid for it when I found it online for 50$ less (I paid $100 for it) but not only was it worth it pain-wise, but I would have paid more than that the next time I had a migraine & went to the E.R. I bought it the first week of October & within 2 weeks, my muscle spasms stopped, & I've warded off 3 migraines in 3 weeks after buying it. I haven't had to use it for almost 2 weeks now. I feel like a normal person again. The unit I bought is called "Mini Masseuse". Just thought I would share my story with anyone who might be in the same boat as I was. =D>

• unit can be very helpful. I got one from my Physical Therapist -- very expensive, but fortunately, insurance paid -- and it is great when my muscles are all knotted up. I'm glad yours helps!

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I'm so glad it worked for you; is it a TENs machine? Those are cheap as chips over here; I bought mine for $25, so I'm wondering whether it's the same thing.

Do you know whether you can get them online? If I could stop my muscle spasms, it would be a massive step in the right direction!

Val (UK)