Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Neckies, I need a word of advice

lilmamallilmama Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
You can read a little background info in my signature regarding my lower back condition. However, I am here b/c within the last few weeks I've noticed how sore my neck and shoulders have become and woke up this morning not being able to move my neck at all. I've never had something like this happen to my neck and shoulder area. I'm kind of in panic mode b/c it's a new area of pain that I haven't had experience with before. Anyone else had similar symptoms?

• Hello,

I am so sorry to hear of your pain I just had an anterior disectomy at C5 and C6 with fusion on the 6th I see you have herniated discs in that area I was getting pain in neck and shoulder but was also going down my arm in bicep area. I would get in touch with your doctor for maybe and MRI of your neck if you have not had one. It must be so hard with twin girls !! My boys are older so it is easier hope you feel better soon.

• I'm sorry to hear of your new symptoms. Please try not to get too worried - what you have going on could be stress or any number of things that aren't related to your cervical spine.

That being said, do mention it to your doctor. With cervical issues, a very common symptom is muscle spasms in the mid back or shoulder area. I never experienced any pain in my neck, but I'm sure it happens.

Did you try taking one of your muscle relaxers? If so, did it help?

• I don't see any cervical tests or issues at the bottom of your post, so I an only assume you haven't been diagnosed with anything.

Two possibilities come to mind, the first of which us migratory pain with the associated migrating disc problem, the so-called "domino effect". The second is sympathetic or compensatory pain, caused by your using other muscles and structures to compensate for your protection of your lumbar region.

I would absolutely call the doc.

• or diagnosis has ever been done on this portion of my spine or back area. I've never had a pain or problem with it like this either. It's been about a day and half since this pain started this bad, and with it, I've had an awful headache that won't go away either. It has not got better nor really worse, just very very tight, stiff, and painful from the bottom of my head down through my shoulders. I can't get a call back from my Dr. either. I'd hate to think that going to the Urgent care is my only option at this point, but I'm thinking that might be necessary if I can't get in touch with my Dr before they close. I can't suffer through the weekend like this.
  • It seems that once you have trouble with one part of your spine the opposite part just naturally follows suit. I've had a lot of neck issues and now am having lower back issues.I'm sure there are thoracic problems as well but no testing has been done there as of yet.How on earth did you fracture your lower back,were you in an accident? I hope your testing shows what needs to be shown and you get to the route of your problem.