Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It is time for me to move on

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, did the emg test: my carpel tunnel is still really bad, that the surgery did not solve anything according to the emg test. But I feel like it solved alot. He asked how bad was the carpel tunnel before the surgery? That it must have been really bad, because it is still really bad.

Secondly, it doesn't appear that any nerves are being pressed upon.

So now I must accept the fact, that yes, i do have a herniation, and yes to the bone spurs, and yes to the effacing into the canal.....but as far as the medical profession is concerned, i am not bad enough. I did talk to him for a while, and he said to me - it is a wait and see game, nothing to do now, but just wait until things progress.

I only say progress because, the 1/08 mri of neck, had the herniation/bone spurs, but it did not push into the canal. The last mri has the same, but a larger herniation and it now pushes into the canal.

I am so frustrated at the pain, the medication, and so on...yet no real end in sight. It feels like the old saying it is better to have broken your ankle than sprained it....at least it is dealt with, fixed and protected.

I guess I have found myself at that place, where I need to live with the situation....and move on.

I have to say that I need to stop coming to this site, I just find myself, jealous (as sick as that sounds) of those of you getting the surgery. Not that I want surgery, but it sounds like there is an end to your pain and trouble. That is all I want is an end.

So thank you all for all your help and guidance...but I need to move myself past all this - and learn to live with what is going on with me.

Someday, perhaps I will need to seek out some more advise, but for now I need to stay away.

Again thanks to all of you

• I understand where you're coming from and it's no wonder that you feel so frustrated. I just want to tell you that I have had surgeries and I wish they would have ended all my troubles, but it didn't work out how I hoped. I recently had a pain pump put in but it's really early for me to feel any difference, and it may take months for that to happen. When I had this done, I was well aware that it's not a magic cure to end all my pain. People in our situation will probably always keep trying new procedures and taking strong meds in the meantime. It's not our fault, it's just the card life has dealt us. Anyway, I do hope one day you'll come back around because you will be dearly missed. Til then, we'll be here and please drop in any time. Hugs, Meydey :H
  • What you've said makes perfect sense and I understand. I once told a new member that spineys might be the only people in the world that get excited to hear they need surgery because it's better than floating around in that spiney stratosphere where there isn't anything a doctor is willing to do now even though there is so much pain.

I have to agree with Meydey, though, that surgery many times isn't the end of our pain or our troubles. I thought so a year ago, but now I'm facing another surgery on another part of my spine and I'm never again going to believe that I'll reach the end of my spiney road.

But, like I said, I understand where you're coming from and I wish you all the best.

You've been a member for a long time and you certainly will be missed. You've made a lot of contributions to Spine-Health and we all thank you for that. So until we see you again, take care of yourself and know that we'll always be here to welcome you back to the SH family.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I understand what you mean. I've often wished I could just have surgery and then move on. Or that they could give me something to make it go away. I know that's not realistic though and that one surgery more than likely leads to others. I know to that by staying here and reading all the posts and being able to complain to these nice folks who understand that we maybe dwell to much on our spinal problems. Still I love having everyone here to ask for advice or suggestions and I feel like I have friends here that I wouldn't want to part with even if I could be cured tomorrow. I'd still want to visit and listen to how everyone is doing and offer support to others if I could. I hope that you can come back sometime and let us know how you're doing and always know that we're here for you no matter what. Take care and good luck.

• :H Just wanted to say that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If you really think this is the right thing to do then many spineys will miss you. Take care and God bless.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • You'll be missed,feel free to come back anytime you need someone to listen to you. Good luck with everything and i hope that you find what you seem to need right now.I'll be thinking of you.Big soft hugs. >:D<
  • Good luck.

I imagine you will stop back in when and if things get bad or your bored. I myself left for many months after my lumbar fusion and I hope I can also move on again soon....and only drop back in to encourage others occationally.

"you'll be back" just like the "terminator", have a good one and feel better. :O)

• for all your kind words....and understanding. I just need to be able to visit this site without feeling so frustrated ... I need to get to some acceptance of my own, before I am clear minded to rejoin the discussions.

I am sure i will check in from time to time, but i need to work on a better attitude until then.

thanks again
  • baffled said:
    for all your kind words....and understanding. I just need to be able to visit this site without feeling so frustrated ... I need to get to some acceptance of my own, before I am clear minded to rejoin the discussions.

I am sure i will check in from time to time, but i need to work on a better attitude until then.

thanks again

Good to see you back!!! Yeah there are things on here that might bum you out, but there is the biggy - Support!!! Glad you are back!!! :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.