Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sano shoes by mesphisto... anyone try them?

crashdummieccrashdummie Posts: 38
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Lower Back Pain
I was at the store today trying out some sano shoes and they feel pretty darn sweet. Very expensive but if it helps my back heal, then thats cheap. For those that arn't aware of these shoes. They are kindov a rocker bottom but not as intense as MBT shoes. They also have these shock absorbers in them. The little bit of rocker also helps the body to walk straighter and create better posture.

Anyone try them before? Are they good for walking and the lower back? I have problems with a big buldging L5-S1 disk.

• Hi Crash Dummie Luv the name btw
    No have not heard of those shoes where do they sell these shoes?
    Now I do believe in good shoes. I have a mid arch support problem so for "tennis shoes" I have a pair of Mizunos with mid arch support. For a more casual shoe for slacks or jeans I have a pair of SAS great shoe just bought them in July where them all the time.
    And I live on the NC Coast so have to have flipflops so I like the Olukai flipflops already wore out one pair and working on my second. The best flipflops ever owned.
    Yes Crash with back pain proper foot care is important but people are all different so try on a few. For example my hubby likes the Birkenstock sandal I have a pair but in the clog style they are alright but does not beat the SAS Imho
  • Thanks for the imput sweety. Yea, sometimes I feel like life's crashdummie sometimes:)

How do you know what kind of arch support you need? Do I need to see a podiatrist? I seen a podiatrist before and he didn't really mention any big problems. He did mention I have a tight hamstring when I was sitting. Also he watched me walk and said I could use orthodics...

What you guys suggest for footwear and a bad lower back?
This discussion has been closed.