Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still the same after nine months of fusion surgery

payoppayo Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everybody
I had my second fusion surgery of l5 l4 s1 on january 09
I am still in a lot pain and I think on every day that goes by is increasing
my pain is in my lower back ,left leg ,and the worse pain is on my right leg. my hole leg hurts so much from my hip all the way to my foot,I am having a very hard time .I would like to hear from people who had this kind of surgerys to see how you doing ,does any body have any ideas what could be causing my pain, what should I do,I am still taking lots of medications norco soma and neoronting.please help me , the insurance does't want to approve any more therapys and all what I got was six sessions

• Payo I am so sorry to hear of your on going pain :(

Have you spoke with a Dr. about this? if so what are they saying?

I have not had any spine surgeries, so I can't be of help to you with my own experiences - sorry....
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • that you are having such a hard time with recovery. It can take a long time to heal from such a major surgery but I am not sure that your pain should be getting worse.

You should see your surgeon about this and maybe he will be able to give you some insight. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • It is never easy sitting and waiting expectantly for some perceived improvement, and the second time around even less. I was told 12-18 months to see the final outcome for improvement, how long was it the last time before they decided it had not be as effective, perhaps that would give you some guide. The increase of medication is one alternative option of trying a mixture of others in consultation with your medical team or doctor. Only you know the amount of pain you are in and what is reasonable for you, maybe keep a record of what makes it worse or better if anything and use this as evidence to increase your medication or type.

When is the pain worse and does doing anything specific make it worse or better, how is your pacing and does you daily responsibility increase any of these symptoms. I know you are looking for some conclusion, what if anything could you do to help manage it more effectively. Rest relaxation exercise, sit stand lay down, have a chat with your doctor and find out what to expect and when and tell them of the pain you endure and how it effects your daily life.

This is never an easy time and you are doing well with getting better, it can be slow and is frustrating, try to find out if your rate of improvement is the norm for you..

Take care.

• Hi everybody
    Thank you for your support. I have a doctors appoinment on december 9th
    and i seriously need to talk to my doctor about all the pain that i am in .for some reason I dont know why but the pain seems to be increasing and I havent done nothing wrong that i remember for the pain to increase.last time I saw the doctor I asked for an MRI but he told me that it was to soon for that , he said he ll do one on january
This discussion has been closed.