Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any knowledge appreciated...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello, last Tuesday my wife went to tickle me....as i hate being tickled i jumped out of the way sideways to get away.....but i lept into a wall and felt a pop in the middle of my spine. There was a small pain for maybe 5 minutes, then i was fine. But then when i woke up the next day i was in so much pain i could move at all without intense pain all throughout my entire back....so bad i couldnt even move my arms or stand. Well it has been several days now since and i can walk and move, but i have a constant pain where i felt the pop.....and when i move...even just a little i feel pretty bad pains all over my back and sometimes my sides and sternum. I have to walk kinda hunched and to the side a little because when i try to stand straight it really hurts.

i am just wondering what do you think happened to my back and if it will heal on its own? Thank you!

• I suggest that you get into a medical facility asasp.
    If you can call your pcp and get in right away or go to an urgent care. You could also go to an ER.

They will know how to check your reflex's and see if you would benefit from an MRI/CT scan etc. They will probably give you a steroid dose pack and some pain meds as well.

It is very possible that you injured yourself quite seriously or that the steroids will work magic for you you. Hope for the magic.

Let us know what happens.

• I agree with Julie on this. You may just have a simple sprain, but too you could have torn a ligament or worse. They also may give you a muscle relaxer or whatever they deem once the results of the tests they give you. Let us know how it goes! Sounds painful for sure!!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.