Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New PT today

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I just had PT with a different therapist (mine is out for 3 weeks on vacation). I had my first myofascial massage today. It felt great it was nice to get worked on my back/neck. My normal PT gal only massages the front muscles after I work out. I got to say as much I like her this new gal was great. I am now looking fwd to the next 3 weeks.

We discussed my forward/short neck (I had never been told about it even though I can see it) and how I need to try and relax the shoulder and neck.

She specializes in work stations and wants me to get a monitor and keyboard that I can plug my lap top in. She says it will be needed regardless of any surgery. She says the screen needs to be at eye level. I don't know if I have that kind of money.

Any how when she finished the massage she ice packed my back/neck. She said I would be sore later and I am. My right arm is burning worse than usual and I have sharp shooting neck pain again as well as some shooting pain into my ribs/lungs.

They sent my NS the PT update late last week. I will call the NS office tomorrow ansd check in. The PT thinks I have cervical artery issues as well as thoracic issue. I would like my NS to really look at my T-spine before the ACDF (just to be safe).

• Don't be shocked if your surgeon doesn't read the reports from the PT.

I think it is interesting to go to different PTs. I always learn something new. Even in the same clinic, they do different things depending on where they were trained, where they did their internships, etc.

I'm glad you got some relief from the myofascial release.

• I hope he reads them. He requested them last Monday.

I am calling tomorrow no matter what. Right now I feel terrible. I am shaking and I have a huge spinal headache and my legs feel like jelly. My right hand can't even grasp a sponge when I tried to wash the dishes.

I am thinking the massage of the base of neck maybe flared me.

I have an ice pack on my neck, tens unit on my back and heat on my back.