Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acdf on mon. should i call about my mri?

yasminayyasmina Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Most of you know by now that I was in the hospital last week and they didn't do anything except a bunch of tests.

Anyway, I am scheduled for surgery on Mon. On Sat., before they discharged me, I got an mri of my lumbar spine. I have the pics, but of course don't know what they meam.

I'm going to call the office this am to see if they got a report, or what they think. I realize I won't get to speak to the dr, but I talk to the nurse in charge. I'm dying to know if there are any changes/problems with that fusion that will need further attention.
advertisement

Comments

• ok, so I called and they said everything looked good
  • yasmina said:
    ok, so I called and they said everything looked good
    Yasmina,

Howdy!! Personally I would get them to fax the doctor and YOU the report! I had a "aid" tell me once mine was fine - sure herniated disk, stenosis and loss of disk height, yeah, all was fine! I had surgery shortly after that! See if you can get the report. Good luck with the upcoming surgery as well woman!!!

Brenda

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks Brenda,

I definitely plan to ask the dr. about it on Mon., but honestly? For right now, the holiday weekend, if there is more to know, I'd rather wait until Mon.

oh, and I know what you mean by getting wrong information. When my neck problems first started, my pcp ordered an xray. I called the office for results, and the assistant told me that everything was fine.

A day later I get a call from my pcp to immediately go see my neurosurgeon!

So I don't completely trust the info I got yesterday.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Karen
  • yasmina said:
    Thanks Brenda,

I definitely plan to ask the dr. about it on Mon., but honestly? For right now, the holiday weekend, if there is more to know, I'd rather wait until Mon.

oh, and I know what you mean by getting wrong information. When my neck problems first started, my pcp ordered an xray. I called the office for results, and the assistant told me that everything was fine.

A day later I get a call from my pcp to immediately go see my neurosurgeon!

So I don't completely trust the info I got yesterday.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Karen
    Nice to meet you "Karen"... Don't think I saw your name before! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!! :-)

What's scary with x-rays is that if they show something, it isn't good! I have had x-rays show "all is well", but the MRI tell a totally different story as now the "soft" tissues are now visible.

I am glad that you can wait to know. I get the films (CD) before I ever leave anymore. I have gotten where I can tell what is different on *my* MRI's. My NS also does take the report, but he is one that reads his own MRI - on my last one he found things that weren't reported by the radiologist! I am shocked not so much when I hear of a neurologist not being able to really read an MRI, but when a Neurosurgeon can't read them, that is scary!

Please let us know what you find out Karen. You have a wonderful and "filling" holiday of food and love and family! Tell your pain to buzz off for the day! Have a great one!!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement