Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

therapy denied by insurance co.

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I guess my luck just keeps getting better and better. I found out today that my insurance co. has denied the extension for therapy.There sending for testing to one of there therapists of choice to see if he agrees with my therapists plan that is laid out for them. He finally started working on my lower spine three weeks ago after a year of telling doctors that i thought that the accident moved the discs around and being told that it was just some whiplash.They finally found out that it was disc trouble and then my therapist could finally start working to try and nudge them off the nerves being irritated,i am actually get a couple more hours of sleep a night and was able to decrease the nerve pain meds. that i was taking for the nerve pain i was getting in my legs.He still had a lot of work to do with my lower back but its all been put on hold now because now the insurance co. is going to do there own testing.First with a physio and then a neurologist and orthopedic surgeon.Hopefully it doesn't take forever and i can get back to therapy and try and resolve this issue.This seems to be a never ending problem for just a little car accident

• I'm sorry Tammy. Hopefully this other person will agree with your therapist.

Can you appeal?

I am stuck in limbo too because if insurance.

• we've sent my lawyer a message letting him know what's going on since i talked to him last.I'm not sure if he can do anything to help out or not.I was advised a long time ago that it might come to this so its not a shock just a pain in the +++ having to wait again after i just started seeing some differences.Just very irritating for me.
  • Hi Tammy

Is the the car insurance or your personal insurance?
  • This is my husbands car insurance co. as i don't drive.There doing there own tests to decide whether or not there liable for the therapy since my own doctor won't do the mri on my mid back to discover whats wrong with it they have to send me to all there doctors to make there own determination.
  • It's so frustrating how we are so dependent on the insurance companies for our care. We are like puppets to them as their are not very many people out there that can afford the type of care we require without having some kind of insurance.

I was without insurance for 2months. I had to recertify, which I did 2 months before it expired and it still took 2 months after it expired for them to put it through. In the meantime, I did the bare minimum when it came to care and that was just to see my pain mgmt doc to get my monthly pain meds. Between her payment and paying cash for meds it was over $500/month.

It makes me so mad that an insurance company can call the quits on something that is helping alleviate our pain.

My insurance will not pain for the tens unit I have and the company is offering me to make payments. They are charging me $400 for this unit. It's about the only thing that can settle down the muscle spasms at times. I haven't had the money to make 1 payment on it so they are demanding I send it back.

Sorry for my ranting. I get so upset when I see insurance companies limiting our care.
  • Tammy

Be careful at those appointments. Car insurance companies do not like to pay for treatment that is not obviously necessary.

Make sure you tell them all of your pains and problems and make sure you are consistant. They love to use inconsistancies as a grounds to deny coverage.

Good Luck and remember these doctors work for the insurance company and get paid well to find a reason to deny you coverage.
  • I know i feel like i'm being fed to the wolves here. Hopefully everything turns out ok.