I have Advanced Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis and moderate DDD through out my spine. I have been on oxycodone for over a year and a half now. Currently taking 8 10/325s a day. Last week My doctor quit the practice and I ended up with a new doc at the same practice. She is board certified in pain management, hospice and has several other advanced degrees. Great Doc.
She decided it was time for me to switch over to oxycontin 40mg 2x daily with some oxycodone for breakthrough. she wants me off the tylenol. Great I thought!
My insurance company " Healthnet " is refusing to cover it. They insist that my Doctor prescibe a long lasting pain medication off thier list. My Doctor insists that I stay on the oxy and that this is what I should be on.
Can the isurance company just bypass my doctor and decide what I should be taking? What about my physical dependance at this point? Its taken me a year and a half to become stable and now its pain med roulet time?
Do I have any options?