Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this normal?

deloriearddeloriear Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I suffer from DDD, Spinal Stinosis, for about 2 years. Pain was always in my neck and down my left arm. I started a new job where I sit all day and now I'm having back and pain down my left leg. I was aware of this occuring with back problems, but is leg pain even associated with cervical issues? My insurance kicks in Dec 1 so I will make an appt with my primary care so I can get referral to NS.

• i had a three level ACDF just over a year ago. Had spinal cord compression,and in my experience i had pain and muscle weakness in all four extremeties and major pain in my back and legs.So to answer your question,i'm sure that there are many doctor that will say no its not possible for you to have lower back and leg pain when you have a neck issue but when you've been through the experience personally you look at it a little differently. I had a few doctors telling me that i had two issues going on but the last three doctors that i saw said no that the only problems was my neck and it was causing all the problems.Take it for what it is,just someone else experience.Good luck!
  • I have yet to have my ACDF and I have been getting a new sciatica recently (not the same as the sciatica I had before my PLIF which was much sharper). This new one is light/zaps (may not be true sciatica.

I also get numbness on the outside of my foot/ankle. I am told this is part of the myelopathy from my cervical problems.
  • As I recall one of the warnings to having a mylogram is that it can cause problems with sciatic nerve.. Can anyone back me up on this.

Also I did not have my level 3 ACDF & VBR until I was at 30% use of my left arm and the pain was too much. surg 11/2/09 and as of now I have 70% use of the left arm. However I still get shooting pains in the left arm. I STILL have many weeks to go with the J collar ansd I hope at some point my left fingers will hit the darn keys they are suppose too!