Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Being Thankful

marks107mmarks107 Posts: 89
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Chronic Pain
I hope each and every one of you,despite your constant and chronic pain,have many things to be grateful for.Happy Thanksgiving everyone!Peace and Love. Mark

• Thank you, Mark. Sometimes we get so caught up in our pain and sometimes, our "pity parties" that we fail to think about all we have to be grateful for.

Wishing everyone peace and acceptance.

• Thank you, Mark, for reminding us to be thankful. A grateful spirit makes life's trials much easier to bear! Sending healing thoughts to all spineys today. May you have some pain-free time with family and friends. image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • :D :D :D
    I am so thankful for Spine Health -- the community here helped me make it through a very tough time this past year -- all of the folks who have taken the time to post a reply over the months I've been a member -- you are truly cherished by me today. I wish you all pain free days ahead for the holidays. Please know you are of value to everyone you know just as you are -- not for what you can do for others.

Take care and enjoy the day!

• Thanks for reminding us. No matter how bad things are there are still things to be thankful for, we just sometimes need to be nudged to remember. I am definitely thankful for this site and all of the support, comfort and information you all have provided.

Of course I am thankful for my supportive family and thankful that today, Nov. 26th, I made it to another birthday, #44.

Happy Thanksgiving !
  • I hope this is a much better year for you.

Enjoy your special birthday!!

xx Gwennie
  • Thanks Gwennie, you are always so thoughtful and such a huge part of this great group of people.
  • I am thankful for being able to walk again. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, my handsome son, and my loving husband. I am thankful for being self-employed and being able to set my own hours. I am thankful for my supporting friends. Skype is a blessing when friends are far away. There is so much to be thankful for. On a dark painfilled day I might just not remember it. Like somebody else here said, it is too easy to fall into selfpity.

• I am also very thankful for this website. It and all you people have helped me through some rough days. Thanks!
  • well I worked all day today,11 hrs.I'm thankful that I'm still able to.I'm thankful for my loving wife of 25 yrs.I'm thankful for my son and daughter and my three beautiful grandkids.I'm thankful that my family,all 7 brothers and 2 sistersand my dad all understand and don't judge me about my chronic pain and having to take pain meds.And I'm thankful for all of you.I'll shut up now,haha.Peace and Love to you all!!!! Mark
  • Happy birthday Lisa!!!!
  • I've had a turkey on my back since march 3rd this year with L-5 S-1 herniation peckin away real hard on my left leg. Rough year, but VERY thankful I found this site last night. you all seem real helpful, and have gone through alot.

Happy thanksgiving
  • I'm thankful for the freedom that I have. I am espicially thankful for such a loving,caring, and patient husband. I have a wonderful caring family,that includes five sons,two daughters, seven grandsons,four granddaughters and still growing. It's just all wonderful and grand.
    Thank you spine-health friends >:D<
  • It is sometimes understandable that we are at times consumed by the condition that we have and being thankful is a state of mind, nobody should be mandated to live this life and we do well to be supportive of others while in need ourselves.

None of this is as simple as we imagined it takes all our guile and effort not to dwell on things and living with what is left an ongoing adaptation.

We should acknowledge all the simple things we do in equal measure to our historic achievement, they required more effort and tenacity to do less and we all try every day, here we can be ourselves for a short time.

Be kind to yourself.

This discussion has been closed.