Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Valium and Vicoden, anyone?

dehoyos13ddehoyos13 Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
After reading through pages and pages of this forum I realized that it was best to call the doctor's office about my inability to sleep and the burning in my shoulder/back. So he wrote a prescription for Valium which I'll pick up tomorrow. Anyone have experience on these two meds combined? What are the effects???? I hate taking so much medicine but I hate being in pain more!
advertisement

Comments

• I have taken both after my surgery with no problems other then the Valium made me snore so loud my wife moved me to the basement. The valium relaxed me too much. I have sice swiched to another relaxer. I guess if you are single you wont have any trouble!
  • Valium will knock me out. My NS only prescribed it for 2 weeks after my fusion. I think I slept for 2 weeks solid :O) only getting up to eat and use the potty.

I take Norco (Vicaden/Tylenol). It seems to help with the pain at night- not sure if it helps me sleep.

I also take flexerile and it seems to make me hyper.

Julie
  • I take clonazepam (generic for klonopin) which is similar to valium for sleep and it helps with my IBS-C symptoms as well as anxiety. I also take norco 7.5/325 which is same type of med as vicoden as well as a whole list of other meds. Check my signature for the complete list.

Valium is also good for relaxing your muscles.

Good luck with these meds and let us know how you do.