Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

13 week Post-op Checkup in 4 Days

scott71sscott71 Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well Friday will be my 13 week post-op check. Should have been last Friday but office was closed the day after Thanksgiving. I really hope I get to remove my Aspen Collar so that I can drive again. Had my xrays today which is probably going to drive me nuts the most about this week. I really wish I could have been told or showed how they looked before I left the hospital. I am ready to get going with my again. Since being unemployed at the beginning of May and 2 surgeries since then. I need to start providing for my family again, just being able to do that would make me feel 120% better. Not that I love to go to work everyday but I feel that it is my responsibilty to help pay the bills in my house - I guess that is one virtue that my parents instilled in me growing up.
Wish me luck,
Scott

_C1C2 Posterior Fusion First try June 9, 2009
_C1C2 Posterior Fusion Second Try August 30, 2009
advertisement

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Wow, 13 weeks in the collar? I only did 6 weeks in my Aspen! But my doc does the collar along with a bone growth stimulator I wore around my neck for 4 hr per day fo 3 monrths.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Yeah, sucks to be me. I think the reason I am still in the collar is when I went back for my 6 week check-up all I saw was the Dr's PA because he was actually having surgery on his hands that day. I too have been using a bonegrowth stimulator, not even close to as long as you got to. I only get to wear mine for 30mins a day. So I do not think that the PA really wanted to take on that resonsibility of letting me take the collar off. I just wish he would have let me drive. Tired of sitting home not being able to just go and do something. Hopefully my appointment on Friday goes well.